12 ft coleman sedona

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by peter moyes, Mar 11, 2018.

1. peter moyes

peter moyes Member

Feb 6, 2018
    i just got a beuty deal on a mint 2000 sedona it has trailer breaks but was never used ,the blue wire is cut ,i think thats the brakes ? hoe do i service these ,,i need to get a controler i know ,2002 f150 with tow package ...t,v...i havnt got a clue how to go about this ..i am 70 and on a tight budget ,,may you can get like a haines book or see on you tube .its gottem may as well use em ........

2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I wish You lived closer so I could just go over and Help you out! Can you take some pictures of the wires & all the stuff on the Tongue.
    This is a basic controller it will do the job but nothing fancy you will also need the right connector for your truck. This is the link to the setup you need. https://www.etrailer

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  3. peter moyes

peter moyes Member

Feb 6, 2018
    thank you for your kind words ,,i will get some pics as soon as possable i have been looking at used controlers on kijjiji ....also i need the ford plug in ,i have tow packace ,,do i need a 12 volt battery on the coleman
    ?

4. jnc

Yes if you want the brake away safety switch to work. Some place mandate that if your trailer has brakes the safety switch has to work.

5. jnc

I would go for the used controller if is plug and play like the Tekonsha.

6. peter moyes

peter moyes Member

Feb 6, 2018
    i see ,,well first i will get some pics and see what you think ,,i realy like this site every one so helpfull

7. Dback2k4

Dback2k4 Active Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Iowa
    I had a Tekonsha on my last pickup (current one it's integrated). They get my vote.

8. peter moyes

peter moyes Member

Feb 6, 2018
    thank you all for your comments ,,i learn so much on this site ,,when i towed my n.t.m camper home 3 days ago ,i realized my tow hitch was way to high ,,,learnt that on here to ,,,,i got a 3 and a half inch drop hitch ,,hooked the truck up to the camper ,put a spirit level on the trailer draw bar ,,dead level ,,,,i was so pleased with myself lol took in down the hiway ,tows perfectly ,,,i also learnt on here about loading the front ,or in front of the axle with heavier stuff ,,i am 70 and live in a rooming house ,pay to park ,not far from home ,,i have a 12 ft aluminum and small motor .............that goes in my old truck ,,hook up and gone fishin ,,,spring comes late in ontario lol i cant wait

jnc likes this.
  9. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    A Ford harness for the P2 or P3 controller will plug in to the factory socket under the driver's side dash. My 98 F150SC had a nice pocket to right of the steering column that my P2 fit right in. did have to drill a hole large enough for the cable connector to pass through. I used super velco to hold it in. My controller only comes up to play when camping.

10. jnc