1992 Coleman floor construction

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Aardvarkjff, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Aardvarkjff

Aardvarkjff New Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Hi, I am looking at 1992 Coleman Pioneer series. I crawled under it and looked at the subfloor and it seemed fine, poked at each corner and it was solid on all 4. However....... inside front corner under the sink/stove cabinet there is a soft spot, not big, but finitely got some water damage. Question: How are the floors built in these? Is it a single layer of OSB or is there an inner and an outer layer? I rechecked the exterior corner again and it was fine. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

2. JugDog

JugDog New Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I have a 1996 Coleman bayport. A few years back I replaced the vinyl flooring. There were a few soft spots. Since the vinyl was being replaced anyway I just cut the soft areas out and attached new osb on top of treated boards that I screwed to the solid floor around the hole. It was a single layer and it's fastened to the steel frame underneath.

You may be able to just cut a piece of pressure treated plywood and place it under that spot. Since you probably don't want to change the floor inside. This might be one of very few options. Hope this helps