1992 Starcraft starlite Rebuild with pics

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Rhconcepts, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Blaine MN
    I sent you a email about it. I don't think every camper is the same. But if I can help just reply back to my email for a quicker response.

Rserna likes this.
  2. photoryan

photoryan New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    What did you use to paint the ceiling? I want to make sure that whatever I use doesn't end up sticking to the canvas and curtains when it's folded up.

3. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Blaine MN
    I used behr ceiling paint. I never thought about anything sticking to it but no problems so far :)

photoryan likes this.
  4. Rserna

Rserna New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    The walls , did you use pine wood or oak? I used pine .I hope they hold up

5. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Blaine MN
    I used pine as well. Everything thing was cut out of 2 x 4s I cut them down to 1.5 x 1.5 for the framing on the cabinets and cut smaller ones to do the wall repairs.

6. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Blaine MN
    If you noticed my battery is on the inside of the camper. I was getting sick of opening it up just to charge it. So I was given a Bluetooth battery monitor from a friend and I also installed a charging port to charge the battery from the outside. Now when I walk by the camper the battery level is transmitted to my phone and alerts me when it needs charging.
    $_57.JPG 19-2776-2.jpg
    IMG_0774.JPG

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  7. neighbormike

neighbormike Active Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    ^^ Well that is slick as snot! Never new such a thing existed!

Rhconcepts likes this.
  8. Popiworks

Popiworks Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Jul 22, 2014
    Nice!
    I was able to find the BLE Battery Monitor on Amazon and intend to order one. Where did the plug and socket come from? I would like to use that instead of the standard 12v plug for an upcoming project. A link would be appreciated. TIA

9. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Blaine MN
    HERE is where I got mine.

10. kcormier19

kcormier19 New Member

Sep 12, 2017
    massachusetts
    this was a great thread and you did an awesome job on it. I learned a lot from reading everything you did. Thanks for sharing.

Rhconcepts likes this.