1993 Rio Grande Countertops

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by deco-one, Aug 3, 2018.

1. deco-one

deco-one New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Norfolk, Virginia
    For this summer, my project was inside. The old 'robin egg blue' counter tops and the water damaged woodgrain top on the 'credenza' had to go.
    Using the old tops as a template, I made new ones from top quality plywood. I applied a new, mottled black/brown laminate and taught myself how to use a router and install T-Molding - black in this case.
    I deleted the opening for the stove since I never used it inside and updated to a modern stainless round bar sink. The coolest thing I found online was the little high arc bar faucet. It has only 1 knob for the cold and folds down horizontal so the galley can be stowed.
    I got rid of the old, despised 'ironing board' legs of the dinette a long time ago in favor of chrome boat mount pedestals - I simply reused those.
    Next, I'd like to begin replacing the cushion covers and curtains with something complementing the new tops (not blue)! Also - that ugly old vinyl has to go.

Those are brushed nickel door stops used to hold it off the floor when stowed.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Looks pretty good. Do you have a better pic of the sink?

3. deco-one

deco-one New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Norfolk, Virginia
    There you go

jnc likes this.
  4. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Thanks. That is nice.

5. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Great job. Nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment when you make it your own. Look forward to future progress

6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    It does update it a bit, very nice. IM leaving mine as is, so when I sell it , that crappy interior will be back in style!

7. GPJ

GPJ New Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Stockton, Ca
    Looks great!