2005 Fleetwood Utah Front Bunk Going Out Too Far

Discussion in 'Slide-Outs / Bunkends' started by Rileysowner, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Rileysowner

Rileysowner New Member

Aug 4, 2017
    The front bunk, at least on the one side, is going out too far. I assume there is some sort of stop in the rail system that is broken, but I can't figure out what part it is, or how to fix it. Even looking at the parts book at colemanpopupparts.com I cannot seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated as google is failing me at this point.

2. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    They are simple pieces of 90 deg stock. There's one per side attached to inside rear wall under the bunk. You will need to sight across the bottom of the bed to see them and right angle screw driver to remove them. There's also a stop screw in the slide that prevents the slide from being pushed in too far.

3. Rileysowner

Rileysowner New Member

Aug 4, 2017
    I that is what stops it I am not sure it is in anyway accessible since there is a front storage compartment on the Utah. I doubt I could see them with the bunk extended. I will have to have a look. If I put the bunk in part way would I be able to see them on the inside?

4. Rileysowner

Rileysowner New Member

Aug 4, 2017
    A quick check of the trailer, and having looked at the parts breakdown at colemanpopupparts.com show nothing that meets how I understand your description. I will have to take longer when I don't have supper to cook, but I do know the rail system changed in 1997 or so and is not like older models. I still cannot see anything that stops the bunk coming out, even on the ones that are working.

5. Rileysowner

Rileysowner New Member

Aug 4, 2017
    After extensive looking I think I may have figured it out. It seem the bunks stop coming out when a roller connects with the bed slide end cap on the external rail. The problem now is that while the nut is accessible, the bolt head is behind the inside bed rail. Hopefully with it in or partly in there will be a point I can access it as the way it is replacing it would be near impossible.

6. Rileysowner

Rileysowner New Member

Aug 4, 2017
  7. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
  8. Rileysowner

Rileysowner New Member

Aug 4, 2017
    Thanks for the link, but my wedgies are fine, it is the other ends that need replacing. They are not wedge shaped. If I have the time, and can figure out how to get one off I will post a pic.

9. Rileysowner

Rileysowner New Member

Aug 4, 2017
    Looking more carefully I see they have the shorts as well. I may just order all of them and avoid future issues.