2009 Oklahoma 3rd Annual Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by CompuCamper, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitty Gritty

Nitty Gritty I love RVing!!

Jun 18, 2007
    Tornado Alley, Oklahoma
    OK Rally '09 Post Rally Thread and Photos

We made it home! DH was determined that the worst rain was yet to arrive and wanted to leave quickly. I apologize if I didn't get to say a proper good bye. I hope all of you were able to wait for the break in the rain that I seen heading your way. I enjoyed meeting all of you and seeing some of you again. I hope to see everyone again next year!

2. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
    Re: ***Change of Location*** Oklahoma 3rd Annual Rally

CAN I HAVE EVERYONES ATTENTION!! THANK YOU that's all I wanted!!!

I made it home and set everything back up to dry out. I got home around 1ish. I think I was the third to leave. NittyGritty, CompuCamper, then myself. Leaving 4 other families in the rain was not that hard...lol!

I know I had a great time despite the rain. I hope everyone else did!! We will get some other topics opened up for the recipes and photos. Myself I can't wait to see the photos of a bunch of wet campers!!! But hey, at least with had the campground to ourselves!!!

Mrs_P & Arffch, I truly enjoyed meeting your families. I really hope you don't think we are too crazy of a bunch!!!

Mrs_P & Mr_P, your children are wonderful. Watching them play and have fun reminded my of the time I camped with my grandson!!!

Arffch, I have a bad feeling if Myself, you & Mr. NittyGritty sat down and really got started it could turn into an all niter!!!! Really enjoyed our little chit chats...hope to see you guys real soon!!!

3. Nitty Gritty

Jun 18, 2007
    Tornado Alley, Oklahoma
    OK Rally '09 Photos

Be sure to click on my link to view the photos I have from the rally. I apologize for the blurrrrry ones.. or any rain spots.. [{}=]

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/574638438bWYMWh

4. Mrs_P

Mrs_P Claremore, OK

Jan 19, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Re: OK Rally '09 Photos

GREAT looking pictures... I enjoyed them all.. I will upload mine with I arrive from the dead. My allergies or something has kicked me down..

See you later,
    Sheila

5. Mrs_P

Mrs_P Claremore, OK

Jan 19, 2009
    Claremore, OK

The "P" family has finally made it home. We didn't really get a break in the rain, but Mr. P did all of my outside things while I did the inside jobs. Of course on the way home the rain stopped and doesn't even looked like it rained at our house. The pup is opened up airing out, everything else is drying out. The mini van is unloaded and we are done.. Woohooo!!!!

We had a terrific 100% time, despite the rain. Everyone was so gracious and made us feel very welcomed. Mr P even said I could go out again with you all on my own..LOL.. So you past the test..LOL...

Thank you gentleman for putting all of the ez up awnings together so we could enjoy our pot luck. Mr tech thank you for helping Mr P taking down the awning. All of the meals were delicious and very enjoyable.

I enjoyed chatting with each and every one of you.

Beerlifter, can you come over at any time and babysit if you would like. [:D]

The frenzy game was a lot of fun, and I was able to hold my own. I didn't know all of them but I new a few answers..LOL..

Well, I am off to bed because I must have partied to much or something. LOL.. Because my allergies or something has taken me over. Going to do a breathing treatment, hot shower, than off to bed.

Thanks again for setting this up Anthony we had a WONDERFUL time and looking forward to the next one.

Sooner rather than 12 months away and longer than 2 nights is my vote.

See you all soon,
    Sheila

6. Nitty Gritty

Jun 18, 2007
    Tornado Alley, Oklahoma

I don't know how I missed getting a shot of you Mrs. P. [:D] If anyone wants any of the pics and cannot get them to download just let me know I will send them to you through email if you like. I look forward to looking and downloading some of the pics you may have taken that I'd like to have!

7. ScouterWife

ScouterWife Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Jun 5, 2008
    Oklahoma City

We made it home safely!! Got home around 2ish and popped up to dry off, even though we're getting light sprinkles here. Phil & Judy were breaking down as we pulled out.

We had a great time with all of you, enjoyed seeing Beerlifter, Nitty Gritty & CompuCamper again and meeting Mrs. P & family, Tekboy46 & spouse, and arffch & fiance!! All of you were a fantastic bunch of people to spend a weekend camping with & look forward to crossing paths with you all again!

I see that the photo & recipe threads are already started...so I'm going to try to get my contribution to those threads as well.

I hope we do this even bigger & better next time!!

8. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma

Glad you all had fun!

9. CompuCamper

CompuCamper Where to camp next?

Nov 14, 2005
    Tulsa, OK

I may it home around 11am and got the popup setup to dry out. Boy! my popup was wet. Had a great time meeting old and new friends.

Hope you all had a great time and well see you all next time.

10. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

Jun 22, 2006
    Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

Ok, a few of you might remember me walking around the campsite taking pictures of everyones campers..........well here is the quiz to go with it.

Who's camper isn't shown here and put a name with the others:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If it's yours don't answer!!!!!!!

And here is a link to all my pictures from the rally......You guys have fun!!!

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w223/beerlifter/3rd%20Oklahoma%20Rally%202009/

11. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Central Oklahoma

Phil and Judy are home and everything is popped up, layed out and hung to dry. The rain didn't dampen our spirits one bit! What a great bunch of people! Thanks to Anthony, Steve and heck the whole group that made this happen. We can't remember the last time we had this much fun and comraderie camping! The food Saturday was to die for. Gotta go upload pics of this sodden, happy bunch! Phil (of Phil and Judy fame)

12. arffch

arffch Member

May 25, 2009
    tulsa,ok.

Well we made it home. pup open and getting misted. It was cool to meet everyone! I'll look forward to pictures and recipies later. need shower ...need food....need beer...need sleep...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

13. Nitty Gritty

Jun 18, 2007
    Tornado Alley, Oklahoma

Does everyone open their awning to dry out as well? I can't remember my camper ever being this soaked and in the past we never had awning out because of the high winds. Appreciate any knowledge you can share... tried looking the topic up but was unlucky.

14. Nitty Gritty

Jun 18, 2007
    Tornado Alley, Oklahoma
    Re: Oklahoma Rally's Forum Frenzy Game!

I held onto my rally game title! The true one and only "BIG LOSER" [;)] But I enjoyed every minute of playing the game! Thanks Steve for putting together another great game for the rally.

15. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va

yea if you put it up wet it will mildew very quickly and smell from the mildew.

16. Mrs_P

Mrs_P Claremore, OK

Jan 19, 2009
    Claremore, OK

Oh shoot, that's one thing we didn't open up... Thanks Angie for the reminder, I think you do need to do it to prevent mold... Ugghhh!!! DH just left for Owasso and wil be back later, guess I will add it to his list..

17. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Mar 30, 2009
    Oklahoma

Great pics!

18. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

Aug 15, 2007
    Central Oklahoma
    OK Rally '09 Photos

Link to Rally '09 pics:
    http://good-times.webshots.com/album/574644685IMQPxS

[​IMG]

19. ScouterWife

ScouterWife Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Jun 5, 2008
    Oklahoma City

Hope this works!

[​IMG]

20. Yar

Yar Garland, TX

Apr 13, 2008
    Garland, TX

Some very nice pictures and good looking setups. It looks like everyone had a good time despite the rain. Makes me wish I was there too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.