2010 Starcraft 1019 lift system

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by Jackyl, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Jackyl

Jackyl New Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Hi everyone, I'm new here, and at wits end. I have a 2010 StarCraft popup, the floor went bad, and I replaced it, The lift worked fine 3 times, but when we got back from camping this weekend, it will only go up about a foot or two, and stops. I put the track, rails and pullies back where they were, does anyone know what would cause this to happen? at $200 an hour, I really don't want to take it to an RV place if I don't have to. However, I'm afraid I am going to have to, because there's no way to get it up without the lift....
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

John

2. SpacepiG

SpacepiG New Member

Jul 25, 2018
    Detroit area, Michigan
    Is it a hard stop? Maybe a wire eyelet is getting squeezed somewhere
    When you lift it 1 feet, have you measured to see if all corners are at same height? (as close as possible to each other)
    Are the camper on a perfectly level ground?
    Is it the crank that stops or is it the roof? If it is the roof, can you crank some and lift a corner or side by hand?

Jackyl likes this.
  3. Jackyl

Jackyl New Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Problem solved, ok, having been a trucker for 5 years, I should have known better. My floor repair was to corner2 only (where the 3 cables go around). Knowing I had some more repair work ahead of me, I did not replace, and screw down the step that doubles as a cover for the back bed/cables. And low and behold, rule #1 to trucking is, if it can move, it will. That freaking step bounced around and got perfectly aligned with the cable system, and stuck between the 4 cable bracket, and, the inside wall. (go figure I keep saying I should have been a Murphy).
    So, anyhow, problem was an easy one to figure, I'm SO glad I didn't just take it to a dealer out of anger and spite, would have been probably $500 bill just for what I did.

jnc likes this.