2010 Texas Spring Opener - Tyler State Park Feb. 12

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by lyz, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas
    Re: Season Opener Post Rally Thread and Photos

A few pic's from the rally and the snow.

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [td][​IMG][/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

2. lyz

lyz New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    League City, TX

Those are great pics! I love the cowboy snowman and the pic with your pop up covered w/ snow! How did you get all of those thumbnails to show up like that??

3. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas

Hello Lyz,
    to get the thumbnails you upload your pic's to webshots then click on each picture to make it bigger. Down at the bottom are several buttons, one of them when you place the curser over it will say, copy the code to post in a forum. Click on it, then you get the URL for that picture (post in a forum), highlight it or click on it and hit control C to copy it, then go to the thread your posting to and right click and paste it there.That link will show up in the post. When it's viewed later the picture will be there. I didn't figure this out on my own, I have my daughter and Bree to think. Hope this helps.

Bear

4. jlwrink

jlwrink New Member

Nov 3, 2009

Hello everyone,
    John and I had a great time at the rally. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. It was our first rally of any kind so we really had no idea what to expect. The pot luck was so fun. There are really some great cooks in this bunch. I had never seen such a large dutch oven of lasagna. It was delicous. I had to deal with auditors on Monday when we got back and have been swamped ever since. Sure makes me want to be camping every weekend! We look forward to coming to another rally. Lynn

5. MrWhippie

MrWhippie New Member

Nov 26, 2007

You guys are freaking nuts!!!!! I hate the cold. I was bundled up that weekend, but I would have liked to have seen everyone.

I have been super busy these last months and haven't been on the portal since summer.

6. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Aug 16, 2009
    East Texas

MrWhippie [:>(] all you need is battery operated socks and underwear [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] and a good fire [CF] and good friends [:)C] [:)C] [:)C] [:)C]

7. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas

Hey MrWhippie. Met you at the Guadalupe River SP rally last summer. Good to see you back on the portal. This last rally was really nice. It was cold but we rented the dinning hall in the shelter area. Several folks brought heaters and it warmed up nice inside. It was great for the pot luck. Yar always had a fire going back at camp. And it did warmed up nice enough during the day to hike a trail or two. Trent was always somewhere between Phil & Buffy's site with their kidos. I look forward to going back to Tyler SP. It was a really nice park. We even had television with our antenna and converter box. We watched some Olympic events and the Daytona 500!! [:D]

8. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas

Issac, sorry we missed you at this one. You, Elena, & the kids better be there for the Oct. Rally at Inks Lake again though, NO EXCUSES !! [{:)] [{:)] [:D] :)

So make sure you put in for Leave if you have a Drill weekend then, and don't forget to put in some vacation time at the 9-5 job. lol

The weather will hopefully be similar to that first Rally at Inks Lake last October, ie. BEAUTIFUL.

Take care and say hello to Elena and kids for us.

9. hannahsmom

hannahsmom New Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Texas

I know everyone had fun at Tyler. Maybe someday y'all can see it during the warmer months. Tons of hiking and biking, great fishing too!
    Now....I have a question.... Are we still part of Portal if we now have a reg Travel Trailer? It is the only way I can take Glen out anymore. We bought one and its very nice. 19ft and all we need to get back to fishing and the outdoors. I am able to do this easier with a place Glen can go right in a lay down if needed. I hope we are cause I have a lot of picking to do to catch up! And if not...GET OVER IT....I AINT GOING NO WHERE!!! [CP]
    Hugs and see ya in Oct. Unsure if we make it in June but of nothing else, we will go to Abilene and camp at the same time!!!

10. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas

Even if you had to go backwards and camp in a tent, [:O] I think everyone would agree you're a part of the group no matter what you camp in. [:D]

11. MrWhippie

MrWhippie New Member

Nov 26, 2007

I reserved Thursday through Sunday that month at Inks. Hopefully, it is a done deal.

12. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas

We are also now reserved for Inks in Oct. [:D]

13. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas

Wow - been forever since I was on! I loved looking at the pictures from the February rally. Absolutely beautiful!

June 11 - 14 we will be at Inks Lake State Park. If anyone else is going to be there, stop by and say hi!

14. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Palmetto in June?

Hi! When are you guys going to be out at Palmetto? We already have camping plans in June, but Palmetto is pretty close, so who knows... :)

15. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Re: Palmetto in June?

Hey there ! Hope you guys have been doing well. We will be going back to Palmetto State Park June 18 - 20, 2010.

This upcoming weekend (May 29 - 31) we will be at Lost Maples State Park.

We are going to AZ and Vegas in July to see my family so not sure if we will make it out camping that month. [:(]

16. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas

We are well! We are back out at Inks Lake SP this weekend. (6/11 - 6/14)

Looking forward to having warmer weather this time and running some jet skis. [8D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.