2011 Texas Rally - June 17,18,19

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by TX_F2, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
  2. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW

Here is some information / tips for attending the Rally:

Make reservations for a Water & Electric site in the BIRCH CREEK UNIT. The actual Section / Area of Birch Creek does not matter as TPWD will not allow reservations of specific site numbers anyway.

If you want a Rally Scout to hold a site for you so that your site will be with the group, you MUST PAY IN FULL when making your reservations. The only way the State Park offices will let somebody hold a site for another person is if the site is already paid in full. If you do not want a Rally Scout to hold a site for you, then it is not necessary to pay in full when making your reservations.

Rally Scout – Is someone who will be arriving before everyone else. Although the Rally is officially
    only the 17th,18th, and 19th some of us usually get there a day or two early. The Rally
    Scout(s) will hold a site for those arriving later so that we can all be in the same area.

The Rally Scout(s) volunteers are picked based on arrival date/time:

TX_F2 (Phil) - Thursday

NOTE:

The TPWD has removed the ability to pay in full when making online reservations due to an issue with using coupons at the State Parks. Folks would make reservations and pay in full online, then when they arrived at the State Park would present their coupons for a discount and expect the State Park office staff to refund them the difference. The individual park offices CAN NOT do this and as a result there has been lots of angry people. So in an effort to avoid future problems, TPWD removed the pay in full option from the website.

HOWEVER, the CS rep did tell me that for those folks that wish to pay in full for their campsites, they can use the TPWD Telephone Reservations line:

(512) 389-8900

9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, closed Saturday, Sunday, and most major holidays..

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/park_reservations/phone/

AFTER you make your reservations, PM me (TX_F2) with your contact information if you would like to be added to the Contact Roster. This roster will have all the Rally participants contact info and will be PM'd to each person. A Contact Roster was suggested by folks at the last Rally, so if you have an emergency or are delayed on the way to the Rally you can get a hold of somebody. DO NOT post your contact info, instead PM it to me and I will update the Contact Roster and send it out via PM to everyone. YOUR CONTACT INFO WILL NOT BE POSTED, IT WILL ONLY BE SENT OUT IN THE CONTACT ROSTER VIA PM.

Door Prizes & Kids Activities- At the last Rally we had Door Prizes for everyone (Adults & Kids) and Activities for the kids.

We would like to do that again as it seemed everyone had a really good time. Here are some pics of the last Rally:

http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=41360.0

It was discussed by the folks at the last Rally that if each camper brings a Door Prize there should be enough prizes for everyone and it ensures that not any one individual is spending lots of money on door prizes for all. It was also discussed that a limit of $10 be set, but if you want to spend more that is fine and up to you. And of course the buying of Door Prizes is completely voluntary. You do not have to buy a Door Prize to receive one.

IF POSSIBLE, TRY TO MAKE THE DOOR PRIZE YOU BUY RELATED TO CAMPING OR SOMETHING USEFUL FOR A POPUP.

Kids Activities - Please send me a PM or post the number of children and their ages that you will be bringing to the Rally. This will give us a headcount for how much age related activities supplies that will be needed.

RALLY SCHEDULE

TBD THU *MEET AND GREET* Location TBD

TBD FRI KIDS ACTIVIITIES Location TBD

TBD FRI DOOR PRIZES Location TBD

TBD SAT KIDS ACTIVIITIES Location TBD

* Door Prize tickets will be given out at the Meet And Greet *

SUN. PACK DOWN AND HEAD HOME FOR
    SOME OF US, LUCKY ONES GET TO STAY

NOTE: UPDATED BELOW AS OF 6/13/11

Folks who have confirmed (barring a last minute emergency of course) they will be attending:

TX_F2
    huizarr
    Texas_Laws

Folks possibly attending:

lyz

Children's ages who will be attending:

TX_F2 - 14 & 11
    huizarr - 8,7,5

Dish you will be bringing to the Pot Luck Dinner on Saturday night:

TX_F2 - Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Buns and Dirt for dessert......mmmm, I love dirt. [;)]
    huizarr - Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Buns

PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES AND / OR NEW INFORMATION

3. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    Phil, thanks for the great info.

WOO HOO...can't wait for the rally. Will be making our reservations in January.

4. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    We are not going to be able to make this rally. But, going to definitely make every effort to be at the October rally at Huntsville SP. We were looking forward to visiting Somerville SP and seeing everyone again, but will have to wait until October. Those of you who do make this rally, please post lots of pictures!

5. Camping4Life

Camping4Life New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Bummer Lori, hope you guys make it in October. I'm planning on going and bringing some new friends. I can hardly wait!!!! Stay warm everyone.

6. MrsPoleCat

MrsPoleCat New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Polecat and I were just talking about these rally's and I figured I better get online to see if anything new was posted and to confirm the dates. We will be making our reservations ASAP. We will be bringing our two girls again. They will be 11 and 2. We are looking forward to the rally as we had a great time last time.

7. Camping4Life

Camping4Life New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Hi all,

Just saw MrsPolecat's reminder that we need to get on it and make reservations. I just checked and there are 88 sites left. Hey Phil do we know which loop we want? There's 3 Old Hickory, Post Oak and Yaupon. Going to make mine now and hopefully we can all get sites together.

Hope to see all us oldies there, LOL

Carmen

8. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    We are not going to be able to make this rally as Fathers Day is that wknd and the DH wants to spend it with his dad this year. But, we will definitely make it to the October rally at Huntsville SP. Those of you who do make this rally, have a great time and please post lots of pictures!

9. PoleCat

PoleCat The family that camps together, stays together.

Jul 11, 2007
    I just made our reservations, but didnt see how I could pay in full making it online. Going to call the TPWL to try and pay the rest.

10. Camping4Life

Camping4Life New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Good idea, Mrs. Polecat. I'm gonna do the same, at last year's rally I didn't pay in full and the scout wasn't able to pick up my spot. Gonna be fun!! I can hardly wait. My little neighbor girls (4 & 2yrs old) keep asking "is it time to go camping yet?" They had soooo much fun as we all did, good people this bunch.

11. huizarr

huizarr Member

Nov 19, 2009
    huizarr/Mrs huizarr

huizarr - 8,7,5

huizarrr - is there a theme for the potluck (BBQ, Mexican food, Italian, Americana)?

12. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Nope, whatever you would like to bring. [CK]

13. lyz

lyz New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    League City, TX
    Okay, we just changed our reservation so we'll be there!!!!!!!!

Lyz - 29 ALWAYS
    Jeff
    Meredith - 16
    Embry - 13

14. MrsPoleCat

MrsPoleCat New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    We are looking forward to the Rally. Still need to come up with something to bring for the pot luck, of course I still have time to make a decision. Glad to see more people joining this rally.

15. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Awesome [8D] Glad you guys are going to make it !

See you guys there in June..........................oh, and I will be ready to claim my title of Ladder Ball Champion this time ! Last time was just a warm up. [LOL]

16. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    FYI - I now have Moderator privileges so we can keep this Thread cleaned up.

ALL CURRENT AND UPDATED INFO WILL BE ON THE 2ND POST OF THIS PAGE. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IT OUT

17. lyz

lyz New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    League City, TX
    Does anyone have one of those bean bag games? I want one....maybe I'll get one for Mother's Day!!! Phil, I'm gonna be practicing my ladder golf so you best be prepared to cry like a little girl...

18. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    We have a bean bag toss game and will have it there...... oh, and I say Guys (Jeff, Me, Embry, Shawn) vs Girls (You, Buffy, Meredith, Kayla) so BRING IT, DON'T SING IT !!! [:D]

19. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    We have our reservations in. We are booked Thursday, June 16 - Sunday, June 19.

Leslie - not saying
    Rich - not saying
    Peepaw - not saying
    Grandma - not saying
    Mackenzie - ? 18
    Misty - 22
    Colin - 16
    Colin friends?

We may have other tagalong family members since they have been itching to go camping with us. I think I reserved two sites just in case, but not sure. Lake Somerville is close enough that some of our people may just come up during the day to visit us. I haven't decided yet if I will let them know, but since it is Father's Day, I should at least let my brother in on it [}:)]

20. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Reservation IDs (we have two sites)
    816491 and 816490 LAKE SOMERVILLE BIRCH CREEK STATE PARK 06/16/2011 3 nights

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.