2011 Texas Rally - June 17,18,19

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by TX_F2, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Glad you and Richard could make it again Leslie, see you in June. :)

2. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    So what are you guys going to make for Saturday's Pot Luck ????????? (other than huizarr)

Any idea's yet ??????

BTW - You all are going to be my guinea pigs for my Pot Luck dish. [:O] [CK] [LOL]

3. lyz

lyz New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    League City, TX
    I don't know....no idea..........with that swanky kitchen ya'll have in your pup I say ya'll make dinner for us! [2C] [:)O]

4. Campin Carmy

Campin Carmy New Member

May 13, 2011
    OK, changed my name (previously Mechanicike) reservations paid in full. #1093798 & 894149. Bringing some old friends a few new ones. Can hardly wait to see everyone! Kids are really excited.

5. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    I like the new name Carmen, it's catchy. [8D]

Glad you are going to make it ! It will be great to see everyone again. [:D]

6. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I think I'll make some sort of a salad (pasta salad or a corn salad or something along those lines) and a dessert.

Somebody else needs to do a rain dance!!! Mine haven't been working!!! [?:~{]

7. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Sounds good Leslie, I will update the list.

Sorry, but we haven't had rain here in forever so my dances haven't been working either. [:(]

8. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Good Morning! I was wondering which loop you guys usually stay on when you are at the Birch Creek Unit section.

We have spent a LOT of time on Lake Somerville over the past 20 years, but it is always a day trip and we always go to Welch Park since there is a protected cove with smoothe water for skiing. This is a new area of Lake Somerville for us.

Looking forward to it!

9. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Leslie,

We were just there in April for Easter weekend with some friends and stayed in the Post Oak loop. We are looking forward to it also, although we went on our first ever boondocking camping trip in May for Mother's Day weekend, it feels like I haven't been camping FOREVER. We are really excited and can't wait to see everyone again and meet some new folks.

10. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Ok, just some things I would like to go over now that our Rally is finally almost here. [A]

1) We still are missing what some folks are going to bring for the Pot Luck [?:~{] [?:~{]

This may not seem like a big deal I know, but knowing what others are bringing prevents folks from making the same dish.

2) DOOR PRIZES - Did everyone read the info on the 1st page about Door Prizes, and who is going to participate [?:~{] [?:~{]
    (ie. who will also be bringing a Door Prize(s) / Please read the 1st page ref. Door Prizes)

I am more than happy to bring some Door Prizes, but if everybody else does not want to do this then I might as well save my money also, but I think it would be fun if we all did it, just need to know.

11. PoleCat

PoleCat The family that camps together, stays together.

Jul 11, 2007
    Hey all,
    Polecat and Mrs. Polecat here.. This is hard for us to say, but we will not be able to make it on this camping trip. After years of renting, we recently purchased a house. We have been having some renovations done. We truly want and need a mini vacation (such as this rally), but the timing for the end of the transformation on the house will not permit us to hang out with our fellow poppers on this trip. We had our reservations set way back, so if there are not any openings, then let me know.
    You can follow us and our progress on facebook.
    Polecat: http://www.facebook.com/thepolekat
    Mrs.PoleCat:
    http://www.facebook.com/steffiebaby13
    Again, we are sorry that we will not be able to make it to this rally. We know it will be a fun one. We are looking forward to the next one in October at Huntsville State Park..

12. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Oh man, sorry you guys aren't going to be able to make it this time. [:(]

But congrats on the new house ! [:D]

We will just have to get together again at another Rally or inbetween. In the meantime, if you guys get the itch for some pup camping, Camp Back Yard can be fun sometimes. [8D]

13. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Updated the Pot Luck meal dishes & Rally schedule.

14. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Post Oak Loop: 2011 Texas Rally - June 17,18,19

Water access is going to be paramount to our guys [:D]

We are going to have 10 or so people with us on Friday night and Saturday night. 5 of those 10 between the ages of 16 and 22 [:O]

Not sure our guys are going to be too interested in coming down for the potluck on Saturday night. We will bring more hotdogs, etc. to cover our crowd if we do; but I think right now it would probably be best not to count on it. Us "grownups" will come down and say "Hi" and visit for sure.

15. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Re: Post Oak Loop: 2011 Texas Rally - June 17,18,19

Will do my best to get you guys a site as close to water access as possible. [KK] [Vo]

Totally understand about the Pot Luck with your guys, we'll all be there for 4 days so there will be plenty of time for everyone to see each other. And it's really just going to be a cookout now with the Huizarr's and us anyway, so no worries. :)

16. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks! [:D]

Thought I had sent a message, or posted something, but I don't see it now.

I'm a little concerned about water levels since we will be running jet skis. In looking at a satellite map, it appears the Yaupon area is at a deeper side of the lake. Not sure what its campsites are like over there... With all this sun, I'll be the shady campsites are going to be popular [8D]

17. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Ok, only thing left to do in the morning (more like in just a few hrs. lol) is load the fridge & freezer in the pup, hook up, and then we're off !!

Have a safe trip guys, we'll see you tomorrow. [8D]

18. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    Haven't seen any posts yet about the rally. You guys are probably busy unpacking! LOL! We hope to be at the October Rally. I need to make a reservation. I'll be watching for rally posts on the other thread. Need to know which section of the park to reserve a site too. Look forward to hearing about the rally. Wish we could have been there.

19. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Sorry about the delay in posting. Had problems with my internet ISP and then have been been working ever since we got back.

Will post some pics either later tonight or tomorrow.

20. MrsPoleCat

MrsPoleCat New Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Sorry that we missed it. We are looking forward to Hunstville in the Fall. Cant wait to see pictures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.