2011 Texas Rally - October 14,15,16

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by TX_F2, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
  2. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I was broiled at Lake Somerville last weekend (but still had fun) and am looking forward to some cool weather camping! [CP] Let us know which section to book in and we'll make our reservations!

3. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    Let me know too. It may be the only time I get to go camping for the rest of this year!

4. dgeddes

dgeddes Member

Nov 13, 2010
    IF we're lucky it will cool down a bit by then. There is a big mountain bike race there on the weekend of October 2nd, and I may go to that as well. HSP has a great mountain bike trail so bring your bikes!

Hope to make it to the rally.

5. ckevans23

ckevans23 South Texas

May 12, 2008
    South Texas
    I am sorry to say that we are not going to be able to make this rally... [:(] I am unable to get that wknd off. [:(] Those of you who do make this rally, have a great time and please post lots of pictures!

6. gooselady0720

gooselady0720 Love to Camp !

Feb 20, 2009
    we would like to go to this rally. do we call the park directly or is there some other way to do this. We have never gone to a rally and this looks like fun. We live close to this park and have stayed there before.
    please email me at petty0720@gmail.com
    thank you for any info.
    Barbara and Dale Petty

7. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    First let me say Hello and welcome to the Portal. :)

All you have to do is make reservations for any Water & Electric campsite at Huntsville State Park for the Rally dates. Click on this webpage link that will explain the different ways to make reservations:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/park_reservations/#alert

** If you would like to have one of the other Rally attendee's who get there early hold a site for you so that you will be with the group, you MUST be paid in full otherwise the park office will not allow the site to be held. The only way to currently pay in full is to make your reservations via telephone as you can no longer do it online any more. **

After you make your reservations, just keep checking back here every now and then for more info as we get closer to the Rally dates.

8. stevehodge504

stevehodge504 New Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Where is everybody reserving first

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

9. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    I'm going to call tomorrow and reserve a water and electric site. Probably can't get there until after 5 p.m. on Friday because of school though. Trent starts middle school and he gets out at 3:30 now instead of 2:30....bummer! [:(] Phil, what day will you be arriving? We just got home from camping at Mill Creek Park on Lake Sam Rayburn. Nice clean park, but no hiking trails. The lake is really low, but there was still just enough for swimming in the designated area. It was a hot weekend! Looking forward to some cool weather camping! We'll go to Somerville (Birch Creek Unit) for Labor Day. Then Huntsville for the rally. Looking forward to seeing friends and meeting new folks too!

10. stevehodge504

stevehodge504 New Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Made our reservations if you see a jayco pup on I-10 that Friday honk.[​IMG]

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

11. gooselady0720

Feb 20, 2009
    I will call tomorrow. hopefuly they will put us with everyone else.
    thank you for the info.
    Gooselady0720

12. gooselady0720

Feb 20, 2009
    We are all registered . Our site is in the Prairie side not the raven lake side. They thought that was where we would need to be. Hope to see you all soon.

13. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    We're registered! Prairie Branch area. It had only 6 sites available and Raven Hill had only 18 left when I made the reservations. Hope we get some good sites. If memory serves me right there were a couple of site in this area that weren't very level so be prepared. Looking forward to the rally. Now, I just have to figure out what to cook!

14. BratsMuttsNFish

BratsMuttsNFish New Member

Aug 15, 2011
    If I can get off of work that weekend I wanna go. [:)C]

15. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Texas
    Well, looks like we will be missing our first Rally. [:(]

Kayla has a Softball Tournament the same weekend as the Rally and both kids have TAKS testing that week.

Hope everyone has a great time, and post some pics. If anybody would like to take up organizing it, I will assist in any way I can, just PM with any questions.

16. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    Hate to hear you won't be able to attend the rally. You are such a good organizer! We are still going to try to make it. However, it will depend on my mother's chemo treatments. She has already been in the hospital once since she started treatment last month. She was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of breast cancer in June. Good luck to Kayla and the team in the tourney!

17. huizarr

huizarr Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Have other commitments for that weekend, so we will not make this rally.

18. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I can't remember if I made reservations or not! I'll have to check.

19. Texas_Laws

Texas_Laws New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Doesn't look like I did. It would probably be difficult to make anyway. You guys have fun!

20. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Texas
    So far it looks like us, Huizarr, Stevehodge and Gooselady are the only ones able the make this rally so far. Even we have to plan day to day since my mother is taking chemo right now. She starts Taxol this next week and we don't know how it will affect her. The first week we started chemo she was admitted to the hospital. The dose was too strong. Anyway, I haven't checked lately to see if there are any sites available for others who want to book. I haven't made any real attempt to plan anything (not knowing how mom will do). Phil does such a good job at planning as does Lyz. But neither of them will make this trip. What we usually do is get together on Saturday evening for a pot luck dinner. Doesn't have to be anything special. But we might want to post and item that we're going to bring just so it's easier to plan. It's just a time to visit and and meet fellow PUP members. Sometimes Phil does some activities for the kids. Do any of you have any kids camping with you. We have a 13 yr old son. We are arriving on Friday evening. Is anyone arriving earlier than that? We'd probably like to get sites in the same general area if we can. I think the park is going to be pretty full though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.