2013 - Texas Fall Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by WendyLouWho, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Re: TX Rally...all info in one thread, schedule included

Great food, great friends, great times! 5:40 pm and finally getting settled in after a bit of din-din. We had a great time meeting everyone! Although I dodnt see the magic show I heard it was awesome! Richard and mary jane, what can we say...absolutely great brisket and wonderful people! Jeff, we didn't get to chat too much (you know distant neighborhood and all [LOL]) your family was great, had a good time burning marshmallows to a crisp with Hunter. Matt and christi thanks for the electrical assistance and good times! Bart and Julie yall were great neighbors and a blast to b.s. with, my wife had a great time with Julie seeing as they both live with grown men who still laugh at their own passing of noxious fumes [LOL] [LOL] wyatt of course has a great time with Tony and I was glad to help Alex with a bit of starcraft wisdom, although it wasn't much, it apparently did the trick. I feel jinxed....probably gonna have another kid soon....THANKS GUYS!!! [}:)]

It really was an amazing time and we DEFINITELY have to do it again!!

2. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012

Ok - 8:15 and we just rolled in. I-10 was closed in Katy just as you're approaching Houston - can you imagine the traffic? UGH! Still worth it - we had lots of fun and good food. It was great getting to know everyone. Looking forward to the next event also, and ditto all of the above. Hopefully next time my son Nathan can come too.

My apologies again for Indiana's loud mouth. He was especially vocal as we were packing up today - so sorry Alex and Wendy (who was trying to rest, I believe!) for the disruptions.

3. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas

Kinda convenient all the dogs were together huh? [:D]

4. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012

Yes!

And one last thought - Happy Veterans Day to Skeeter, Jeff, and to all who served their country. Your bravery and sacrifice are greatly appreciated, this day and every day.

5. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas

Thank you kindly sir. Happy veterans day to all and I'm glad to hear everyone had an uneventful drive back home so far. No one has heard from wendy yet, I wonder if she is still [SNZ] in the pop up.

6. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013

Happy Veterans day to you and all our armed forces throughout the world. Honor , Duty , Country......US ARMY...........Richard

7. WendyLouWho

WendyLouWho Wendy & Marlin

Aug 21, 2013

LOL! I am here. We pulled in about 8:00 also after taking the PUP to our friends' house.

I was BEAT. I apologize to those I missed saying goodbye to...I enjoyed meeting everyone and can't wait for the next one! And I was sleeping so hard I never even heard Katie and Mat leave, much less Indy barking [SNZ] After most everyone left I went inside intending to clean up and thought "oh, 20 minutes won't hurt." I woke up after 4 to Marlin calling me! Yikes. Talk about quick break down and clean up.

I have to thank everyone for making this rally a success. I surely didn't know what I was doing, but it all turned out swimmingly. Good food, good people, good conversation...loved it!

I will work on the photos and such this afternoon and get them all posted and email everyone!

8. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

Wagon Master Wendy...thank you for being the host of this great Rally. Also for thanks for the smores and Texas Puppers pencils. Looking forward to the next rally. Hope you can post some photos soon. Richard aka the TxBum

9. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

Christi, where are you photos...oh well , no photos I guess I will have to change user name "cause no one wants a photo of the Txbum ( "Tx Butt Ugly Mex" ) [LOL].....now for a new name Tx Brisket , ....nah ..I like Txbum.....

10. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas

1 vote for the brisket name!

11. WendyLouWho

WendyLouWho Wendy & Marlin

Aug 21, 2013

[LOL] I had some leftovers yesterday...YUM! You cook a mean brisket Richard.

And Jeff...thanks again for handling the brats! You rock.

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

Skeeter , thanks for your vote...Richard....."where's the fork?" Fork?..Fork?!...Ya don't need no darn F-O-R-K!........

13. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA

Thanks for attending the 2013 - Texas Fall Rally. Because of the short notice of this rally, we were not able to get the normal "Rally Care Package" out to the Wagon Master in time for the rally. So four of the attendees have been randomly selected to receive a price from PUP.

The winners are:
    • T-minusRetire
    • phoodieman
    • skeetercampsintexas
    • Txbum

Thanks again for attending.

Steve

14. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

Wendy, thank you for the compliment on the brisket....Richard

15. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas

Thank you steve. It was a great time for all and the winners are all worthy.

16. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

Skeeter, you weren't jinxed.....the way I heard it's " twins a'coming just in time for 4 th of July!".... [LOL] Txbum

17. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas

Richard its a whole lot more fun trying than finally giving in and saying yes! [LOL]

18. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

Skeeter, I think I understand...but there's this song that keeps playing in head over and over..something like this.."remember when....." Hard headed disk drive upstairs is maxing out or giving out..... [LOL] Now in truckers / drinkers terms would they be doubles or triples..hmmm? Txbum

19. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

Skeeter, great photos ....thanks for posting....Richard

20. MycaPie

MycaPie "Learnin' 'bout Cuba. Havin' some food."

May 25, 2013

It sounds like you all had a great time. DH (gixxerkelly) and I got a lot accomplished/repaired/figured out! Next time I hope to catch the post or someone PM me! Looking forward to seeing your pics. Mine from this weekend is under "camp driveway". [;)]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.