2013 - Texas Fall Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by WendyLouWho, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    Re: TX Rally...all info in one thread, schedule included

Great rally guys!! A small rain shower Saturday morning but it passed quickly. The food....One of the best briskets I have ever had. The venison fare was excellent too. I had to get out early for Sunday commitments so pardon my quick exit. Haydee had a great time. Her first camp trip and her first rally and it couldn't have been a better experience for her. After the reception I got from just a few card tricks I think I'll bring a small show to the next rally. Thanks so much Wendy you did a great job.......

Phoodieman

2. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011

I'll check out your pics and make sure you get a PM about any trips coming up.

I understand the camp driveway thing. We were in and out of ours so much doing cleaning, tinkering and catching up maintenance the neighbors thought we had moved into it.

3. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013

Indy nice pictures.....I especially like the chicken on the rotisserie.....Txbum

4. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012

I didn't really snap too many pictures, but I posted what I have & hopefully Wendy has more. I wish we had gotten a group picture, but there's always next time.

5. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

Indy, ( Chrisiti) I felt bad about the group picture.....someone was suppose to take the group photo but went MIA! [LOL]....I did get a few and I will try to upload them to the albums page. For sure next time I will not forget my camera bag.......I feel bad, I even had the TRIPOD someone needed to take the GROUP photo. Oh well it was fun meeting you and all the PUPPERS..Mary is ready to go again...... Oh by the way we need your recipe for the green bean, carrots, casserole.......Yummy....Txbum...

6. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas

I think its time to start planning rally numero dos...who's in???

7. WendyLouWho

WendyLouWho Wendy & Marlin

Aug 21, 2013

I am in!

And yes, I have a ton of photos. I literally slept all yesterday. Woke in the am and posted a bit, threw some dinner in the crockpot and that is all she wrote. I did wake up to confirm when Marlin got home and asked if he still had a wife (I assured him he did and then rolled over and slept all night). I think the cold damp took me back a step with that cold thing I just had.

Now it's back to work! Everyone look for an email from me later today! And I will find our camera bag and upload the photos (have to change them from raw to jpg...hate that).

And guys, I am really sorry about the group photo. After Marlin left I went walking and met people and got caught up, especially with that lovely gypsy caravan! She goes around the country with her caravan making money for cancer research. Amazing lady and amazing caravan!

***And also CONGRATS to the prize winners! Be sure and PM Steve with your info so he can get your prize to you ;)

8. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    TX Rally...all info in one thread, schedule included

So does this mean there will be a winter rally? Please? :)

Wendy didn't you mention something about starting a Facebook group as well?

9. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012

No worries about the group photo. Next time we should do the photo on Saturday before dark. Friday everyone's trickling in and setting up, and then Sunday everyone needs to get packing up and leave at different times. Live and learn - we'll get it next time.

I'm so glad you got the story on the gypsy caravan - how cool! I kept meaning to go over there and next thing I knew I saw her pulling out on Sunday. There's never enough time to do all the things you intend to do.

Looking forward to #2 also (wait, ... that sounds so wrong.... ) Correction - Looking forward to the second Tx rally. My only request is not mid-March, as we're planning on heading out around Spring Break to my nephew's wedding in Tennessee & then venturing on to the Great Smoky Mts.

10. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas

How's about a late February rally? Bart, I'm down for a winter rally! Btw what was that heater yall have my wife seemed so interested in??

11. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011

Feb sounds good. Weekends of 1st, 15th and Mar 1 we can do. I'm thinking about doing a trip Dec 6 weekend too.

This is new version of ours http://www.amazon.com/Broan-NuTone-6201-Big-Heat-Heater/dp/B001PO3OUS

Turns out they discontinued ours a few years ago. The new one is still getting rave reviews.

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

Me 2....ready let us know where and when will work out work schedule....Christi....excellent idea about the GROUP Photo...Txbum

13. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012

I'm Katie. I think Christi was with Alex & the twins, right? So many new names (X2 with screen names).

14. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas

Katie, christy, Indy, one of those names was there right?? [LOL]

15. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

OOooops mia culpa...my fault..my mistake....I apologize....Richard

16. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

Ok, where would be a good mid-point for Texas Puppers to Rally? I know some are from the Big D area, from Houston/Baytown, San Antonio and me from half way between San Antonio & Houston. Look at the map of Texas and make suggestions . Thank you. I see Lake Belton about half way to Dallas. How about Dallas to Houston? Or a meet point between a triangle between Houston ,Dallas , & San Antonio?..Maybe time for a new thread? Txbum [RTM]

17. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas

Quite possibly time for a new thread, but looking at the map I'm thinking maybe lake limestone?

18. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

I have heard of it, but not exactly sure where it is...time for the Google map app. Thanks skeeter. WagonMaster Wendy...please start a new thread.... Please vote to keep Wendy the wagonmaster.....heh heh....Txbum

19. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
  20. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013

Skeeter , sounds like a nice place...let's see what the others might think. Txbum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.