2013 Vermont Fall Foliage Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by mercman, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    What a great time! I enjoyed meeting everyone as well. Hope you have an easy trip back! We leave tomorrow

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Thank you to everyone who made this a great rally, from the EXCELLENT organization, the great food, the lovable dogs, the perfect fall weather, and the good company! We had a good time, we'll look forward to next year! Plus, I will be able to fly my PuP flag while on the road next time!

3. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Envious of you all, you got a homerun for weather this weekend. I'm looking foward to seeing pictures from the get together

4. MandoCamper

MandoCamper Member

Jul 14, 2013
    What a fantastic first rally for us! Thanks especially to Mercman for organizing the event, Midnight Smoker for a great bonfire, Retread for detailed instructions on changing the fuel pump gasket on my TV, and to Storm Trooper for the tutorial on winterizing the camper. I enjoyed meeting all of you, and look forward to next year's rallies.

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

All of the blame for this rally goes to Chris, not me. Did I say blame? I meant praise. He did a great job.
    Thanks for a spectacular weekend. It couldn't have been better.
    Also, for your tribute to Martha (peteacher), that would have been very difficult for any of us who knew her.

We had a great time meeting the new rally members, hope you make some of the rallies next year.
    The weekend is never long enough. It's going to be a long winter.
    The next New England Rally will be in Feb 2014 at the Springfield RV show. Isn't that right Ben! [:D]

6. fynster

fynster New Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Wow! I'm so glad that we decided to attend our first ever rally! What a friendly, welcoming group!! And who knew I would enjoy gator tail?! :)

Thank you Chris for organizing and running the rally!

Thank you to all the great cooks for the awesome potluck dinner!

And thanks to whomever sent out the email inviting us to the rally, otherwise we never would have known about it!

I hope we can make it to next year's rally. We really enjoyed meeting our fellow puppers!

7. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire
    What a really great weekend, Emily and I had such a nice time. Thank you Chris.

8. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Jun 19, 2008
    Woodbridge, VA
    That is correct. Hope to see everyone there! http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=77557.0

9. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Just pulled out a tick imbedded in Mike's side. Heads up everyone!

10. mamabean5

Oct 7, 2009
    Home at last! Two VERY happy puppies greeted us [DOG] [DOG] :)

11. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Glad you made it home OK! I enjoyed meeting you very much!

12. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    I would like to thank Chris for doing a superb job with this rally. And I think I will, Thanks Chris.
    This was a very enjoyable weekend for my Son (I won't use DS) and I. Location was gorgeous, bathrooms very clean, CG not too crowded.
    Chris, thank the Mrs. for taking care of the weather, nice days cool nights just the way I like. She did a good job.
    Tom & Tom

13. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Southwest PA
    Thanks Chris, and everyone else. Very nice to meet everyone and one of the nicest areas and campgrounds we have been to. Pulled in the driveway around noon today, after spending Sunday night at Worlds End SP up in NE PA, and off to FL in the morning. I have lots of pics to post once I have a minute.

You didn't make him sleep out in the woods did you? [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
    Seriously....... thanks for the heads up and glad you made it home ok.

14. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Southwest PA
  15. vexmaiden

vexmaiden New Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Yes! It was really neat.. I meant to go back and take a picture but never got around to it [:(]

16. mamabean5

Oct 7, 2009
    We saw that on our way out yesterday morning! Dion (and Jay via you!) had told us about them! Very cool!

17. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Jun 8, 2012
    Rumor has it there are now some similar ones in NE PA. Just a rumor, but it comes from a credible source who shall remain nameless. [;)]

18. zendecat

zendecat Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Had a wonderful time at our first rally. Thanks Chris for all your work. Loved meeting everyone [:D] [:D] [:D] Had a little worry when my trailer's left wheel was throwing some grease around the Vermont/NH border. I think that with all the braking on those Vermont hills, maybe that wheel got a little warm. The rest of the trip that hub was cool and I got home alright. Loved the "Gator Tail". DW loved the campground's dish washing stations [LOL],. All the portal people we met were really great, and the non-portal campers we met were nice too.

19. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    I'm glad everyone enjoyed it as much as we did, perfect weather, perfect campground and perfect people to go camping with. We ended up staying the day and left around 5:00. We took a different route home and managed to go over the crest of the mountains as the sun was setting. It was the perfect ride home after a great weekend.

I think everyone would agree that Winhall Brook is the perfect spot for the Vermont Rally and rest assured it will happen again next year. Stay tuned, reservations will be accepted in March....

On a side note, I would be pretty annoyed if the rally was happening this weekend as the CG is now closed due to the shutdown....

If you haven't received a email concerning posting your rally photos, please let me know.

Thanks again for showing up and hope you had a good time. See you around a campfire, hopefully soon!

20. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    Depending on when, I will be signing up. We had a great time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.