2014 - Fishermen's State Park - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Need2Travel, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Check in is 1PM. Its hidden at the bottom of the Reserve America page under the additional information tab and then you have to open general rules which is a pdf file. They made it easy for you Ny'ers

2. n2cruzn

n2cruzn New Member

Oct 2, 2012
    no coupons for iggys for you!!!! [:D]

good restaurants???? i saw 3 of them, 2 in galliee and one across from ziggys

3. Davylee

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    We ate in Newport last time and only ate at the one restaraunt. Iggys is the only place I've eaten locally near Fisherman's. See you in two weeks

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    I printed my Iggy's coupons! Obviously this visit to the legendary Iggy's must be followed by a LONG walk.

5. Aidans mom

Aidans mom New Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Hi,
    New pup camper. I am a woman with an 8 yr old son that decided to try it, went out and bought the pop up and truck myself and fixed them up. This summer I have been state park camping and Glamping. I was looking for a place to fix the screen frame ( the little thing that hooks the top screen frame on to the camper snapped). I found this site and signed up. (Never found the part!). I was excited to see there was a rally in RI coming up. I was wondering if it is appropriate for kids. My husband and I are in our 50's.. He is our bonus child. Sadly when I looked up next weekend on reserve America it was sold out! So sad. I guess I will try again next year.

6. Davylee

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Aidan Mom - Yes the rallies are kid friendly. Some are at campgrounds that are more friendly to kids then others. The Mystic Rally this year at Seaport RV had a pool, mini-golf, laser tag, playground and arcade. Fishermans is a perennial favorite. If you want to go next year, make the reservation next week. you can book 1 year ahead at Fishermans and it is always the weekend after labor day. If you look at the attendee list you will see what sites we commonly use. We camp in area 2. There is also a rally in VT at the end of September unless that is too far away. Hope to see you at a rally in the future.

7. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Yeah, that place is insane!
    I booked a 4-day stay (min required) for June 2015. Must do it now or miss out.

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    You can always monitor this thread and be prepared to "jump" if someone cancels. I tried to GIVE away our reservation when we canceled for the Salem Rally last year.

9. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    For anyone still trying to get a site, the odds of one or two families having something come up and being unable to make it are very high. We have booked many last minute trips this summer on the night before in a packed park. Just have to be diligent in watching ReserveAmerica for a cancellation. Do not rely on the availability notification, none of those cancellations I had booked triggered an email from RA, so I think the system is unreliable.

10. Aidans mom

Aidans mom New Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Thanks for the Advice. I will check for a cancellation. I am having so much fun I hate for summer to end.
    Aidansmom

11. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    When I mentioned to check, I meant constantly, and consistently, as often as you can. For parks like this, a cancellation will be scooped up by someone else in minutes or hours.

12. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Be sure to ask for notification from this thread, that way you will know if someone posts that they can't make it. (This would be in addition to haunting the Reserve America site as often as possible.) Hope we see you there!

13. n2cruzn

n2cruzn New Member

Oct 2, 2012
    sorry about another duh! question. is there cable hook up for tv? I don't remember

dan

14. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA

Negative. They don't have WiFi or Satellite TV hookups either. [RTM]

15. gogocamper

gogocamper New Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Hi Christine. Looks like no to Clambake for Michele and I.

16. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    It is typical that state forests and parks provide nothing but total isolation. We want to be connected if my kids need to contact us.
    So I will have a 32' antenna and a wifi booster set up. Never had luck with T.V. reception in CT, MA, probably RI as well. Maybe I didn't try hard enough but that is not my priority.

17. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    FYI - due to an unforeseen conflict in my work/school schedule I will not be arriving Friday - You will all see me on Saturday afternoon. See everyone then...

Clam Boil / Dinner will be at 6pm on Saturday!

18. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

We'll have the Friday night fire on our site 21 at 7:00 since n2t won't be here till Saturday. See you all tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. n2cruzn

n2cruzn New Member

Oct 2, 2012
    home safe and sound. we hope everyone does the same. we had a great time. nice to see you all again.

dan and teri [ALPU]

20. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Hope everyone made it home OK! No problems here. I know Kathie wanted my crock pot chocolate cake recipe (sent)...there was one other person that wanted it and I can't remember who it was! Let me know if it was you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.