2014 Quad-State Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by ChocoChock01, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Mar 7, 2012
    this is specifically Bluewater park map vs. the reservation site,where you pointed out to me that #18 may not be the #18 at the park and the SP map (not the reservation map) was correct (I think).

2. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
    26 days 15 hours 20 minutes

But who's counting?

We only have one other camping trip planned before this one.

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    After seeing a couple of references online to the bathhouses being closed at night, I called the park. Yes, indeed, they close the bathhouses at 9 p.m., the vault toilets are the only potties open 24 hours.

When I asked about the restrooms for the "Upper Electric Loop", the man said the boat ramp was probably the nearestt toilet during the night.

I also found a review from early May, mentioning the loss of a pet, left outside during the night. In the land of coyotes, etc. it makes sense to us to keep the pets inside, but just thought I'd mention it.

4. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I am waiting the DW to get a day off to go with me....

5. shuang2

Apr 20, 2010
    The DW got Friday off, so we'll be 2 people in the camping, Fri in - Mon out.
    Since there is no any electric site available for us, we choose to do primitive --the Beach camping.

6. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Looking forward to seeing you, glad you can come to the Rally.

7. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
    That's great both of you can make it!

Are you bringing your kayaks?

8. shuang2

Apr 20, 2010
    Yes, we are going to bring kayaks & bicycles and maybe go to the FCFS site too.

9. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    For those doing FCFS, I just received a phone call (due to having reservations) that fire restrictions are going into effect, which is no big surprise. That means no campfires or charcoal. Propane &b white gas powered items are allowed, as long as they meet safety specs. Smoking restrictions are also in effect.
    The phone call stated the allowable stove fuels a bit differently than the written ones (no mention of 30-foot cleared area), but here is the link to that:
    http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/SPD/FireRestrictions.html

It looks like our Little Red Campfire is allowable, as are our white gas stoves (we only plan on bringing our standard-sized one, we have the larger 2-buner Coleman too).

10. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
    I received that phone call as well, and so will bring our Camp Chef Fire Pit
    and presume the outside gas BBQ is allowed.

Generally the rule is that it is allowed if it has a On/Off switch.

and presume the external gas BBQ is also allowed.

Generally the rule is if the fire has a On/Off switch.

11. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

Jul 20, 2012
    I had the voicemail on that also, so it looks like the DO cooking will be out. I'll discuss with the better half and decide on something else for the potluck Saturday night. Good thing we have both the inside stove and the outside one.

12. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    I just reserved site 16
    I will walk down to fish.
    I already posted what we are bringing for potluck and if I catch some fish it will also be on the menu.

13. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
    I check the group site and it is booked for 6/28 only

14. bearman512

Apr 17, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    Well folks due to current events I cannot leave more than an hour away from my home area as my team of contractors have been put on alert for the next couple weeks.
    I wish I could tell you more but when uncle sam says jump I ask how high as he writes my paycheck.
    So I will not be able to attend this years Quad State Rally 5 hours 1 way.
    BEAR [:(]

15. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
    Bummer!
    U might also need back up for CO rally

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

16. bearman512

Apr 17, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    Nope I have a guarantee for the Colorado rally.
    A different team is on the hook for July-September and my team will be back on for Oct-Dec.

17. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We'll be sorry to miss you guys at Bluewater Lake, see you in July.

18. Hoomi

Jul 20, 2012
    Sorry you have to miss it, Bearman, but definitely understand.

We're still planning on making it up for the Rally, but it's going to depend on whether the parts for our TV arrive today on schedule. The brake master cylinder and power booster have been giving us some worries, so we had our favorite local shop take a look. We had them check it a couple of weeks ago, because it seemed the brakes weren't quite up to snuff, but when he test-drove the vehicle, the brakes worked fine. Yesterday, I guess the brakes scared the daylights out of him. He ordered the parts (none available locally), and said they were being overnighted from Phoenix and Los Angeles, so if everything goes according to plan, we'll have the Nissan back this evening with restored brake function, plus the Air Lift assists on the rear springs.

If things don't go according to plan, we may not have a TV to haul the P'up up there.

19. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hope you can make it Hoomi. I arrived yesterday. Cell service is spotty, at least for my net10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Hoomi

Jul 20, 2012
    We're back on schedule, and planning on leaving early in the morning. Parts arrived for the TV, and the brakes are back the way they should be. Almost everything is loaded up except for ourselves, the furry brat, and the perishables, and the P'up is already hitched to the TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.