2014 - Texas Puppers Fall Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by phoodieman, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Cupcakes are coming for kids to decorate with icing and assorted decorations.

2. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    I'll get in on this sausage cook off. I'll bring some of my own home made venison sausage :) tell all the kids to bring a Halloween costume! We can even turn on our porch lights for a little while and let the kids trick or treat! Maybe even some of those poor other people on the loop can get in on it. We will bring some assorted candies and such.

3. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    He mentioned a flag but nothing about a banner.

Phoodieman

4. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I have added T-minusRetire to the list. We are at twelve. Hmmm. Wonder if we can get them in our area? This thing has blown up near the due date. What have I gotten my self into? [{:)] Latest forecast is %20 local for rain. A front IS definitely coming in through Monday or so.

Phoodieman

5. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Skeeter, Mat has his camo packed. Nothing else is packed so far .... but he's ready to hunt.

6. Mat Solo

Mat Solo New Member

Jan 24, 2014
    I'm always ready to hunt [:)C]

7. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Mat I did some looking online. Hunting property is USCOE. Literally right outside the park. We'll need to hit headquarters for boundaries map and rules reg. It requires a TPWD APH to hunt. I get it every year. If you don't have its $48

8. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Well we are here and setup. So far it's just us and a travel trailer on the loop.

The moon is bright and amazing and the breeze is so strong we're sleeping with canvas open.

See yall tomorrow!

9. Mat Solo

Mat Solo New Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Got my license and aph just need something to shoot at

10. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I walked blisters on my feet today at a huge high school blood drive, but we are now packed and ready to roll... on the way.

11. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Now for quick buzz to WM for some bug spray (used the last of mine to clear foggy headlights) and dog food. Planning to pull out by 9 am and should arrive around noon. Planning a leisurely drive in. I'll want to stop and photograph any windmill.

Will check this thread for any update in early morning as last thing.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll!

12. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    We got home just as the rain started up here. Had a great time - thanks phoodie for organizing, and thanks to all for the great food. Richard, where's your secret award-winning sausage come from in Schulenberg? We might have to stop next time we head west. :)

13. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Just made it back and got unpacked. Thanks to all for a wonderful weekend! We had a blast and wyatt racked out for a good couple of hours on the way back, which always makes for a quieter ride. Too all our new folks at the rally I hope everyone had a great time, we certainly enjoyed everyone's company, stories, and getting to meet everyone! Now it's time for round 5!! [CP] [2C] <----those are wyatts 2 cents, he wanted to know what the pictures were lol so he picked one out

14. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Also, if anyone is a facebook junkie like me, we still have a Texas Puppers facebook group floating around with just a handful of members from the first rally. It has basically been inactive, but we are growing. If you want to join the Texas Puppers facebook, let me know and I'll send you a PM. It is private to protect the innocent. [LOL]

Might be an easy way to share our rally pictures privately and keep updated in case you miss a post on the forum. If people want to use it, I don't mind keeping information up to date on FB, but I know not everyone uses facebook.

15. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas
    I like the Facebook idea and need to get in on it. We went through some rain a couple of times but got home without any incidents. It was great to see everyone again and to meet some new people, we had a great time and can't wait to do it again.

16. tx.glamazon

tx.glamazon New Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Hugh and I had a wonderful first rally...thank to phoodie and all for hosting and hospitality...we traveled home by way of Elgin to partake of some Meyer's Elgin sausage, ribs and brisket...Hugh's plan is to eat his way across Texas at BBQ joints [LOL]. We look forward to the next gathering, as well as crossing paths on weekend trips.

Hugs to all we missed on our slow cruise out of the park this morning!

Sherri

17. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Nicole is looking up the Facebook thing. I don't do social media, not really my thing. But yall ate right in that it would be an easy way to share pics.

18. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    From the first posts, it sounds like a great time was had by all there.

We missed it, but almost made Bastrop.
    Rained as we left, then POURED once we hit I-10 (about 5 minutes later).
    We've plowed lots of water over the years, but this time the windshield wipers made DW terribly motion sick by Sealy. She hid it until La Grange, but then her green color gave her away.
    We waited until she recovered some and I decided it best to limp for home. We were both pretty excited about going, but motion sickness got her. If you've ever had it, you understand. All you want to do is die in your own bed, completely still.

Today our kids and grandkids came over to help us lick our wounds, lift our spirits, and eat everything we had fixed for the rally. So, we'll bring more sausage and potato salad for the next rally.

Now it's Thanksgiving and Christmas trips for now to Brazos Bend, but put us down for the next rally...and what's the Facebook group for pics?

Glad the rally was a good one!

19. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    We made it into the driveway as the rain started! Had such a good time. Thanks to everyone for making us welcome. My friend Barbara is now a camping junkie and wants to go again soon. Even the rain couldn't dampen our spirits! See ya'll again soon I hope!

20. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas
    I'm glad you made it home safe and am happy to hear of another convert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.