2014 - Texas Puppers Fall Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by phoodieman, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Good to see you around again alex, how's that countdown coming along? I have no experience with the FCFS sites, but I'm sure someone will chime in to help you out.

2. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    lonestarcamper, please don't overload yourself, almost everyone brings a table of sorts. I plan on bring two 10 x 10 pop up shelters maybe three. Plan to put the teardrop under one of them. Tables, I plan to bring some real lightweight aluminium tables. Do not forget your chairs . If you do forget something , I am certain someone in the group will be willing to share with you. I hope to bring firewood also. Any one bringing a television to watch a football game? Oh wait a minute most people now a days stream to their pad/tablets....drats...gotta get me one.

3. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    T-minusRetire, Alex...bienvenidos , welcome back....how was the trip to Europe?....Txbum & Mary Jane.

4. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    lonestarcamper, One Rally we went to, Jane & I brought cup cakes and had a Halloween cup cake decorating contest for the kids....the parents of child not vote for their kid, but could vote for someone else's kid...but the kids can vote as they please... We put up a dollar prize, Jane gave 8 and I gave 5. 1st & 2nd place winner .

5. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Looks like DW, dog, and I arrive mid-morning Saturday.
    Howz 'bout DW and I bring a couple links of Chappel Hill instead of hotdogs?
    Maybe we can negotiate a bit of a "trade-off". Roast over weenie fire and "community cut".
    I still wanna sneak in a can of chili for the couple hot dogs I plan to mooch of my new found pupper friends.

Hurry up weekend!

6. tx.glamazon

tx.glamazon New Member

Aug 25, 2014
    As luck would have it, we are bringing Chappell Hill Sausage also... it IS next door to Brenham so we get it straight from the meat market :)

And we have cans of chili (no beans) to contribute to the weenie roast... I also have jumbo marshmallows :)

It seems great minds think alike... or is that great stomachs think alike??

Hurry Friday!!

Sherri

7. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    If you guys happen to discuss the next rally this weekend, if you can, I would really like to make it, but would have to be within 3 hours from Corpus. But I definitely understand if you guys stay a little more north like this one. Have tons-o-fun for me :)

8. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas
    I think my favorite part of these rallies is trying to figure out how richard packs so much stuff into the truck and camper, he has got to be the tetris champion of the world. [:O] Woo Hoo just a couple of days away.

9. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Jeffnsa, kinda like the navy....tight quarters...think I packed a lot? Wait til you see what I am packing it all into! A lil ole teardrop...no PUP this time.....Hey we have lots of stuff for swap,sell,whatever....maybe even a teardrop [LOL]......Txbum....Did some one say SAUSAGE????? I will challenge you to a sausage cook off. Schulenburg's Best Sausage against any one.....ARE YOU Ready?!!! Are YOU Ready?!! Cook off!!!!... merlin14...Glamazon..bring it on!!! [:D]

10. T-minusRetire

T-minusRetire New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Phooodieman,

Defintely, count us in (1x 5 yr boy, 2 x 1 yr olds, DW, & myself) arriving sometime around 5 pm Friday.

We will not be staying in the loop.

Sorry, for the late notice.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone and meeting the new addition to Bart's family.

See ya Friday
    Alex

11. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Alex, it will be great to see you and the family again. Those twins must be getting big!

TxBum - sausage ... man oh man, Matt LOVES sausage. He's going to have to get in on this. Schulenberg vs Bellville! There is going to be SO MUCH FOOD... but then, what's new?

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Indy, kinda like the cruise ships. How was the cruise? Any photos?

13. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Yes, exactly! The cruise was fabulous - we had the time of our lives and hated coming home.

Pictures? You know I've got pictures.... here's a few

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Indy....WOW....which ruins did you visit? Will you bring the photos to the rally? Richard

15. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Sure - I don't have printed photos, but I can access them on my phone at the rally.

We went to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. We visited the Mayan ruins in Belize at Lamanai, and it was incredible. They still let you climb them in Belize - Mat climbed to the top of two Mayan temples. I partially climbed the high temple, but it was wet and slippery & muddy... I can't believe he climbed it anyway. :)

16. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Indy and Matt so proud of you . Jane & I have been to the ruins in Chitzen Itza....you cannot climb those ruins...but was a great experience especially for Jane due to her heritage. Thanks for sharing [:D]

17. Mat Solo

Mat Solo New Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Sausage cook off I'm in on that. Get ready for some of the best you've ever had Belleville meat market is the best! [:D]

18. tx.glamazon

tx.glamazon New Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Sausage Fest!

Since Merlin has already said he would bring Chappell Hill sausage and we have entries for Schulenburg and Bellville, Hugh and I will bring Burton and or Eckermann sausage. There's plenty more out there... Slovacek's in Snook, Kountry Boys in Brenham, Schovajsa in Bleiblerville...we would be hurting for certain after eating all that.. and you'd need a lotta german soda pop to wash it all down. [:)O]

S

19. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    Pop Up Steve called today and he is sending a rally package that should get here in time for the rally. It's sure to enhance the give aways as he clued me in on some of the stuff.

Phoodieman

20. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Phoodieman...did you get a Banner??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.