2014 - Texas Puppers Summer Rally - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Ditto here Jjjjjolson & crew, Two Bears, Ryanicc, Skeeter, Two Tents, Phoodieman, Jeffnsa, Indy, SHFD739,Abberdackerygirl,Robertmedinajr,JWRober,WendyLouWho,....man my memory fails me !! and everyone else on the list can't wait to see ya. Txbum Rick & Mary Jane :)

2. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    there's an updated list of attendees in the stickies of this thread, as well as the potluck. Just wanted to remind everyone, just in case you need to add your info.

can't wait to get out of this town lol

My iPhone did this

3. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Ryanincc, thanks.. my bad...its TentonWheels , Rosepetal, & Dougfam...sorry....oh Ryan, my son , & daughter ,plus 2 grand kids 13 & 10...will be there Saturday and leave late Sunday. Anyone up for a water balloon toss?

4. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Thanks.

Awesome idea with the balloon toss! Definitely going to try it. I'll get the balloons.

Anyone else have any ideas for family activities?

My iPhone did this

5. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Ryan, we plan on a Rally egg hunt for the small kiddos, I will be bringing some bikes to share, two paddles boats, maybe a kayak. Perhaps we can have a fishing derby for the kids, 1st fish... winner, biggest fish overall, & most fish, again by age group. I am willing to toss a few bucks into a kitty for the prize. My wife and daughter are planning some activites for the kids...I will bring some extra poles and tackle..

6. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Do you mean real eggs or plastic ones? I have plastic ones from last Easter. Maybe put a small treat inside?

My iPhone did this

7. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Ryan, yes the plastic ones, will you be so kind as to bring a few? Thanks....richard

8. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    No prob!

9. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Richard we are bringing some bags of candies. I'll be bringing a bike and scooter, sure wyatt will be on one of them at a time but at least there's a spare for the other kids, smaller kids that is.

Water balloon toss sounds like a lot of fun for the kids!

I'll put in for the kids big bass classic. Lord knows I'll probably have a pole in the water myself anyways [LOL]

Richard, your stabs are on the way as we speak. Boss man had to run a volvo through a drive cycle so I sent him down town for em [:D]

10. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Skeeter, thanks for the stabs....now a ??? do want us to bring the unfinished tear drop to the rally or could we wait and maybe have a late summer rally up in your neck of the woods? Sure would like it to be a Corps of Engineer park. Txbum

11. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Extra rally sounds good to me, don't want you to bust yourself loose trying to get it done.got some really nice corps parks right up the road from my house, also nice ones that are closer to half way

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    sounds good, will research C>O>E mid way.thanks

13. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Officially personal countdown....24 hrs and counting, I'll be getting the truck packed up and ready to hit the road! YES!!!

14. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Man, you're lucky!! i have to work t1 span troubles in the field all day tomorrow. May call in sick [}:)]

15. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    11 more hours till I'm off and on Lake time lol!!!!

16. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    My apartment complex staff are so cool, they will let me park my pup on a little pad for a night so I can do the packing waayyy easier than I anticipated. I've never used propane on the fridge and had a little fire flash when lighting it, but all good. Will be leaving Corpus tomorrow around 5:30 so it will be dark when I get there. Wife has to watch the kids while I set up alone so feel free to come on over and lend a rally newb a hand. And don't worry about unsolicited advice to me. I need all I can get. I'm so ready to get outta here!

My iPhone did this

17. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    We'll be heading out as soon as DH gets home tomorrow, around 3:30pm. That puts us arriving around 7:30-8:00 and hopefully before dark if all goes well. See ya there!

18. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    sounds good Indy..we'll keep the light on for you... [ [:D]

19. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas
    Got back, took a nap, and now I just got the pop up unloaded. I knew I would have a good time but most of all my wife and kids enjoyed themselves. It was good to see everyone and a few new people. Two bears, Josh and Jill who were down the hill, Ryan and family and others whose name I forgot just because I'm bad at name. I'm glad to see phodie step up and volunteer to be the next wagon master. Skeeter keep an eye on that boy of yours, he was a riot to have around, indy and Bart great talking to gall again. A big thank you to Richard and Mary Jane, you two really out did you selves and made it a great event. I hope everyone made it home alright.

20. jwrober

jwrober Member

Feb 28, 2014
    I agree. It was a nice outing. Good weather for the most part, excellent breeze the whole time and on a little rain last night. All in all, a good weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.