2014 - Texas Puppers Summer Rally - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cprdnick

cprdnick Just Clint

May 1, 2014
    I'm setting a goal. My PUP WILL be ready for the next rally.

2. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Gotta say, we just now made it back home and got unpacked. It's 430 pm and I've finally gotten everything unloaded. We spent about 3.5 hrs driving back home in some pretty nasty rain, slow going running 45 MPH for about an hour or so.

We all had a blast! Wyatt CRASHED on the way home, little sucker slept probably 75% of the trip back. It was great to see everyone again. Jeff it was good having you guys attend another rally, you'll have to make plans to hit the next one. Mat and Katie as always it's great seeing you guys and hearing the crazy stories of your trips through the states. Richard and Mary Jane definitely went the extra mile and made it a wonderful trip for the kids to enjoy, and as always walking through their site makes me hungry.

Speaking of food, like always we had way too much but everything was great! Richard always kudos for the brisket, Jeff great job with the pork, whoever made the mac and cheese it was AMAZING! I'm honestly not sure who all made what this time but everything was fantastic! And the beans beans that musical fruit was great!

I'm awful with names (the only ones I honestly remember are Diane and Ed, sorry everyone else!) so to all the new folks who came out to see our crazy concoction of a group I extend a great thank you, and of course an invitation to attend the next rally!

We had a great turn out, lots of people and all the kids made it great fun to have more play mates! My whole family always have fun at these events and enjoy everyone's company and it always makes for great memories!

3. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    We rolled out at right at 2pm. Didn't begin packing a single bag til 1pm, as usual. Always hate to go back home, but we made it with very little traffic and no rain. Just got the popup backed into the garage, and bags unloaded. Now the laundry begins. :)

It was lots of fun seeing everyone and meeting some new faces. The "real" Indy is at peace again frolicking in the backyard, but he had fun (even if he sounded a bit grumpy at times - sorry about that. He's a work in progress.) Potter's Creek was a neat place - thanks to whoever initially suggested it (shfd?). I think Mat is actually on board with October 10 after some initial heartbreak over giving up a weekend of bowhunting - lol. I'm officially marking it on the calendar and excited to meet the newest portal member, SHFD jr. :)

4. Jjjjolson

Jjjjolson New Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Definitely a great time! We loved meeting everyone. We left around 10, and had a groggy drive back to Austin. The rain gave us an early 4:30am wake up call as Josh and I rushed out to cover the jeep with a tarp. Not the most fun way to wake up:) At least the drive home was dry and uneventful. Unpacked, stored the pup, had a quick nap and we headed out to baseball practice. Back to reality!

Looking forward to the next rally!

Josh, Jill, Jacob and Jordan

5. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    We had a great weekend and it made for a nice final just the 2 of us camping trip for Julie and I..We hope to be there in October with the little one. Tasha has spent the afternoon in her bed snoring and wont budge.

6. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    What is being planned in October? I SOOOOO wanted to stop by on my way back from Inks this past weekend, but had to come to work for 1 miserable day. I tried switching with a co worker but the boss said no... I need to make some business cards with the portal info. I met a few pop ups at Inks Lake who had no idea of popupportal.com, so we had a little discussion on what the website was about... So hopefully we will have 6 more members...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

7. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I believe Phoodie is going to be our Wagon Master for the next rally, which we discussed being the weekend of October 10-12 at Granger Lake. Not sure which campground - I've never been there so I don't know anything about it.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/granger/

8. Two Bears

Two Bears New Member

Jan 24, 2014
    I have only one word for the entire group "Awesome" we enjoyed visiting with everyone! Got some great ideas, food was the best, and Richard & Mary we so enjoyed getting acquainted with you on Sunday evening, we will keep an eye on the next Rally, and hopefully we can make that one too. We were concerned we would not fit in being seniors in the bunch but everyone was gracious & made us feel welcome! Thanks from Ed & Donna, :) Two Bears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    Ryanncc thanks for putting this one together. Good to see my old favorites and the new participants. Kathleen wasn't feeling to good to begin with but she was a trooper and came along. Actually Sunday morning she started feeling a lot better. Reagan, well what can I say, she's fifteen.

When the topic of Granger Lake came up I was a little reticent about considering that spot. But now that I have been thinking about it this could prove to be a neat spot. The camp site it self doesn't really offer a whole lot. (And I will tell you now there is NO hot water in the showers). Crappie season is typically February, but catfish are available year round.

What I would like to discuss though is a new water park about ten minutes from me. (Which would put you about 35 or 40 minutes from Lake Granger).

It is called Hawaiian Falls. It just opened. Check out this link...

http://www.hfalls.com/pflugerville/atpark/

I have been in the Austin metro area for 25 years and typically the first cold front doesn't hit here until Halloween, so I think a water adventure might work out for the first part of October. The park is open but they are still putting some finishing touches in place. The summer season is here and by October I'm sure they will be fully functional.

Now if we can all manage to get through that sun and fun and then pull off a pot luck I think we can make a very good time of it. The weather guru's are saying that the El Nino is waning and that could mean wetter weather toward the end of this year. We will have to see.

If I get some buy in then consider me the wagon master for that weekend.

Granger is a Corp Of Engineers Project so it is Federal just like Potters Creek.

Guys let me know so we can start booking sites together. I don't want to be way across the way this time!! :cool:

Phoodieman

10. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    I'm in, let me know a date and what the good site numbers are and we will get booked! Time to start another 20 page thread now chris [:D]

11. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello Texas Puppers... would like to say Big thank you for the Rally at Canyon Lake. We had a great time. I can't say enough thank you to each and everyone one of you Puppers. I will start first with my Maria, love you Mary you helped so much. Jeffnsa, from a grunt (me) to a squid...a sincere thanks for all you assistance. You are now a Super Squid!...Skeeter, Bart, Matt you are the three Amigos I can always depend on. Phoodie, darn good shrimp dish, Mary asks me to ask you for the recipe. Met new Puppers, that I hope will join us again. Ryanincc, a pleasure to meet you & your family, Mary especially noticed how hard Diane was helping...Two bears, Rosepetal & family, Dougfam, Jjjjolson,Phoodieman,Skeeter,SHFD739,Indy,Jeffnsa,Ryanincc, JWRober, many thanks...for all the food in the Pot Luck dinner, Ryanincc great cake....Ok where are all the photos? I will sign off now.......work calls Txbum & Mary Jane [:D]

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Ooops, forgot to say thank you TentonWheels site 80..... [:D] Txbum.....Indy , Phoodieman, what park at Granger do you recommend looks like have many choices...and Phoodie some parks list they do have hot water for showers....count down begins....oh & this time I Am packing lite [LOL]....

13. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Finally got a chance to post on here after being under the weather. Just wanted to send a HUGE Thank you to Mary Jane and Richard for making the extra effort on the pot luck. Brisket was off the charts good and Tillie had a ton of fun at the water balloon fight. Ill get my pics up soon as Im still feeling yucky. It was also really nice to meet everyone. Another Thank You to Skeeter and SHFD, If it wasn't for you guys, I would have been trying to back up until daylight, as it was pitch black at 10pm when we arrived. All in all, it went well, but I think I dropped the ball by not being around more. I have some GI problems and I never know when they are gonna attack, so I was laying down quite a bit. Diana tried to fill in best she could. We still had fun though. I look forward to the next one we can attend.

14. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas
    Ryan, your little girl was a great help when we were packing up by playing with our killer dog Z the zombie dog, we also had to male sure little wyatte didn't steal her also [:D]. Richard, you grandson and my daughter exchanged phone numbers [:(!], [LOL] , god I hate being the father to a teenage daughter. I'm glad everyone made it home o.k.

15. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Uh oh!!! He got the digits!! You're so done jeff, it's over with. At least you know you have enough redneck friends to take care of it if richard doesn't draw a line [LOL]

Wyatt or my wife, either one, would've stolen Z if you had turned your back for too long!

16. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    I have a report to file..." Red Folding Chair grows extra pair of legs and runs off" [LOL] I am sad to report one of my Academy bag chairs has walked away. If you find one it is marked with Txbum teardrop on a hat logo...It's mine!.....no reward offered but I would be greatful for it's return........ [:D] Txbum

17. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas
    I didn't find your chair when I unpacked when I got home.

18. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    TX, my red chairs look just like yours but I think I would have noticed when I was packing them up. When I get the camper opened up I will check.

Phoodieman

19. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Just popping in to say - We have no red chairs at all, and I didn't see any laying around on our side of the road.

20. rosepetal

rosepetal I would rather be camping!

Jan 31, 2014
    I just wanted to say thanks for all who organized and participated in the rally at Canyon Lake.
    The food at the pot luck was delicious, and it was so much fun watching the kids play together.
    We also appreciated all who let us tour their campers and offer suggestions for mods. Our DS,
    dougfam, has already ordered his PUGS and was putting some silver lining in his camper windows
    today. We enjoyed meeting everyone at the rally and glad that everyone made it home safely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.