2014 Vermont Fall Foliage Rally - Sept 26-28

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by mercman, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    2014 Vermont Fall Foliage Rally

September 26th-28th, 2014
    Winhall Brook ACOE Campground, South Londonderry, VT
    Reservations Start March 26, 2014

[​IMG]

Come join us at one of the nicest campgrounds in Vermont during the best time of the year to be camping in New England. Located right where the scenic West River and Winhall River meet, this campground offers electrical (south loop) and scenic waterfront sites with no hook ups (north loop). Reservation window opens up 6 months prior on March 26, 2014 and can be made at www.recreation.gov
    Hope to see you there!

[​IMG]

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

We plan on being there.
    Nice pic. I like that truck and HTT.
    Same spot in 2014....

3. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I think that pup and the Flex look very nice there! [;)]

4. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    And those are two unbiased opinions of course! I think a popup and a Tundra would look even better there! [:D] [;)]

5. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Southwest PA
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........Unbiased reviews?...................I'll need to think about this one between now and March........

HNY!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

Unfortunately the photographer doesn't recognize his ability to take pics of perfect CG's, TV's and campers. Just a Freudian slip of sorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    Just thought that I'd bump this up for people who might not of seen it yet.
    Come join us for our third Vermont rally during the peak of foliage in the heart of the Green Mountains. It's always sunny and warm this weekend so bring your shorts and sandals!

Ha! Here you go! and you forgot to mention dogs btw...

[​IMG]

8. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    If we have a few more people interested, we can move this into the official rally section, Where is everyone???

9. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Southwest PA
    I am still pondering this one Chris, I'd hate to say yes and then need to back out.

Its hard to judge at this time what the work / vacation situation will be looking like come September. I can't do the Winhall trip unless I can stay at least 5 or 6 days up there. Right now we're 50/50.

10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Sorry Chris - I did not see this one go up. We are "IN"!

There were so many things to do in this area that we could not fit them in last year. That Ball Mountain Dam water release event was the coolest thing ever.

Thanks for organizing!

11. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    Totally understandable John, Luckily because it is not a well known campground (which is fine with me [:D] ) there are usually sites available for that weekend till mid summer.

The white water release is once again scheduled for that weekend also so bring your short kayaks and helmets!

We enjoyed sitting at the campsite relaxing and listening to the river so much that we never took our kayaks off the rack that weekend.

I'm thinking Chili Cook-off this year, gator optional!

12. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    We learned an important thing: we went down the side of the dam and then along the path to watch the folks putting into the whitewater below the dam and then riding the river- very cool. At the end of the day the climb up the switchbacks on the side of that dam looked pretty daunting!

BUT, if you have any kind of health or mobility issues, you could park at to Jamaica SP and come back up the old rail-bed-turned-road for much easier access and biking. I am pretty sure is wheelchair accessible from that direction, plus it would be an easy walk to that amazing platform overlooking the river at the "Dumplings" (so named due to how many kayakers get "dumped" there). We found out after the fact that many people passed on this amazing sight because they did not know of the easier access method.

13. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    We thoroughly enjoyed watching the release and kayakers put in at the dam. We also had a terrific conversation at the top of the dam with the Ranger. Then we drove to Jamaica SP, and hung out at the dumplings. The whole thing was a lot of fun!

14. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    Looks like I'm bringing my bike, was the trail overly crowded for bikes?

15. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    No, not that I saw. The bigger issue was the trucks hauling kayaks and paddlers on the narrow road, they were really moving!

16. MandoCamper

MandoCamper Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Chris, I'm in! Wouldn't miss it. Thanks for putting this together.

17. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Sorry I didn't see this one up! Mom and I will definitely be there. This was our first rally, we love you guys and this campground!

18. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    As of today, There are just 7 weeks before we can make reservations for this weekend in September! On the plus side, you only have to wait 6 months after you make your reservation to actually go camping that weekend. But it is worth the wait!

19. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    Just a month away before reservations can be made for the 2014 Vermont Fall Foliage Rally in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont.

Here's the link for the reservation page -
    [http://www.recreation.gov/unifSear... questions and hope to see you in September!

20. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    When does the reservation window officially open?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.