2014 Vermont Fall Foliage Rally - Sept 26-28

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by mercman, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    HATE winter Chris! Wish you did have that kind of pull! [:(!]

2. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    Listen. Chris will never tell you this. But if he tells you how he does it he will have to kill you.

3. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    SITES ARE STILL AVAILABLE!

I have updated the attendee & Potluck lists to reflect the latest changes and additions.

For any new visitors to the park, there is a Shop just before the CG that builds sheds and other outdoor buildings. They sell scrap wood there for firewood.

We will be up mid-afternoon Friday, See you then!

4. Retired Alex

Retired Alex New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Limoges, Ontario
    We are packed, just have to hook up and will be on our way first thing in the morning. As we are limited in what vegetables and meats we can bring across the border, are there any towns close by where we can do some shopping or should we stop at towns along the way to stock up?

It will be a straight 5hr+ run for us and the plan is to have TV dinners for Thursday night and grocery shop early Friday if anything is close, otherwise we will have to stop along the way and that blows a a good hour plus. Don't want to arrive too late if at all possible.

5. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    There is a grocery store not too far...I went last year, wish I could remember exactly where it was...I believe the directions were posted in the dish washing station in the "S"loop. Someone will know. Regardless there is one close so you should be OK. :)

6. Retired Alex

Retired Alex New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Limoges, Ontario
    Thanks for the reply.
    Did some Googling, seems to be an IGA in south Londonderry. We are familiar with that chain so should be OK.

7. tombiasi

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    Decent store, and they have beer. [:)O] Hardware store next door.

8. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    In all of our years going to Winhall Brook, we have never been to the "downtown".
    I guess we will have to drive past the CG road for once.

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

See you there tomorrow Alex.
    We are heading there in the morning...

10. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    Just received a package of PUP swag from Steve, camping and prizes! See everyone tomorrow.

11. tombiasi

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    Just a last minute confirmation Chris, there will be electricity at the pot luck pavilion right?

12. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    This is really set up to be beautiful weather this weekend - no rain, warmer than usual. The leaves here (further North) are just under peak, so the foliage is shaping up for a great year.

We plan to leave after lunch and should arrive mid-afternoon. If anyone forgot something and we can help, give us a shout before 12:00. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

13. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

Aug 22, 2014
    I am sorry I missed it guys. But as you know, I was between pop ups. Just picked up my HW296 and will be going Columbus day for the maiden voyage.

Sounds like it was a good time. I will consider it next year if you plan another New England trip.

Vin.

14. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    Tombiasi, there is 1 outlet at the pavilion. Bring a power strip if you have one, just a thought!

15. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    Also, vinmaker, you have not missed anything yet, pack up the camper and head up here! Beautiful weather this weekend, Chris ordered 79-80 Saturday!

16. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Home Safe and Sound. Thanks to Mercman for hosting the rally. Great to see RetiredAlex and his DW again all the way from Ontario. Also met some new other portal members. Thanks to Shelmily for importing some meat for me form Pennsylvania. Pot luck had great food and great company. See ya'll next year.

17. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Thanks everyone for a great weekend, we couldn't have asked for better weather. Kudos to Mercman for pulling off another great rally! We were very jealous of the few campers staying on an extra day! See you at another campfire sometime in the future. [:)C]

18. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    Thanks to Mercman for putting this together! This was our first trip to this park, and it won't be our last. Beautiful grounds, impeccably kept, and the company couldn't have been better. I didn't get to see/chat with those in the South loop as much as I would have hoped (I'm looking at you, Don aka "Witty").

Our 14mo DS had a great time with Shelmily's daughters, thank you for tiring him out!

Great to meet some new folks, and last minute entries, too.. Can't wait for the next one!

19. pcwizard2600

pcwizard2600 New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Rutland, VT
    This was our first rally and had a great time, and the potluck was awesome. Thanks to Mercman for putting this together and to all those that made us "newcomers" feel welcome. Sorry we missed the campfire gathering after the potluck, we realized how tired we were after dinner and turned in early, after spending the day following the kayakers. Looking forward to next year!!

20. RMAN4443

RMAN4443 Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Home from a great weekend in the mountains of Vermont. Thanks mercman for setting this up. I had a great time and the potluck was delicious and large. I'm so glad I decided to go at the last minute. Already looking forward to next time.
    I also was glad to have met everyone....now I can put faces to names. Well thanks again and I really hope to see everyone again in the future.
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.