2015 - Annual Rhode Island Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Need2Travel, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Jun 19, 2008
    Woodbridge, VA
    We are 7 days and a wake up from the Annual Rhode Island Rally! For those that have been attending this rally for years...what is your favorite thing to do? Let's help the new folks to fall in love with this area like we all do! Personally, I love Iggy's and the beaches down in Galilee...

2. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Day trip to Newport for sightseeing, sailing, rum distillery tour and brewery tour. Also beaches at Galillee [:D] and of course Iggys and the Point Judith Light lighthouse

3. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Being new to the area we found a wale watching tour we would like to do Friday. Well I'm not really new to the area I stayed a few months at New Port in 72 finishing up potty traing while my sister was being born [LOL]

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Last year we went into Galilee for an entire day. They were having a festival of some sort, with "Open House" on many of the fishing boats. We saw a packing/sorting shed, toured several boats, saw explanations of fishing tools and types of fish caught, there were many interactive events at different locations. They had a scavenger hunt for kids - they got a stamp at each location and got a prize at the end. The whole thing was fascinating. The beach was great, as was our fast and furious tour of Newport. We enjoyed the area so much we ran out of time, so had planned a longer stay this time. We're sorry to miss it this year. [:(]

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    In case anyone needs it, we are releasing our site today. It's site 32, area 2, Thursday to Sunday.

6. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Sep 15, 2008
    Rhode Island
    The host site for all events this year is benfrench on site 49. He is 'da rally man this year :)

Reminder to all: Clam Boil payments need to be made to him by Saturday morning at 10AM

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Dw has been in hospital since Friday. We will have to pass this year

8. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Jun 19, 2008
    Woodbridge, VA
    Looking forward to the weekend! Please check your PM's...important rally info has just been sent to you!

9. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    Looking forward to this weekend but we might be a last minute cancel. Our community has recently suffered a tragedy. This past weekend our friends lost their daughter in a tubing accident. It has hit us all very hard and I'm not sure what this week will hold for us. Likely, if we do still go to RI, we will be pulling in late on Friday.

10. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Going to do some site seeing in CT today. We are about an hour a way!

11. Davylee

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Eating lunch killing time till check in time

12. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Me too!

13. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Jun 19, 2008
    Woodbridge, VA
    I probably won't be in until 8-8:30 this evening. I will say hi when I get there!

14. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

Mar 12, 2011
    You will have to miss all the rain we had to set up in [emoji4]

15. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    So excited about this weekend. We thought we might have to cancel but it's working out that we're good to go. We'll probably be there about 7:30-8:00. Hopefully it won't be too dark! We haven't set up in the dark before!

16. Davylee

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Walked the cg this morning, did people switch spots ? I didn't see pixel, Ben or,stefie19

17. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Jun 19, 2008
    Woodbridge, VA
    I am in and settled. Site 49. Come on by and say hello!

18. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    We come tonight

19. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Jun 19, 2008
    Woodbridge, VA
    Meet and greet 7ish until whenever. Site 49 (it's not a Pop-up)

20. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    If anyone would come to our site (11), we just got rear ended and the back bumper is bent in. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.