2015 - Texas Puppers Fall Rall

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Txbum, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    adrian thanks Indy will be there Friday mid day , Katie(Indy) and her son Nathan will be in a tent , her friend will be towing their pup Saturday. We plan to be asap Friday , wife has a cake to bake and we have to load the pick up. PUP is packed to the hilt. [LOL]

2. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    The park has firewood for $6 per bundle, 6-8 pieces. HEB in Edna also has 3/4 cu ft bundles marked at $4.47 each. Don't know how wet either place's wood is though.

3. adrianpglover

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    DW tells me that the Texana side is out of firewood and the brackenridge side has 4 bundles. They are expecting a shipment today or tomorrow though.

4. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    ok thanks....at work right now,,,,txbum

5. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Fire ant mounds...grrrrr! Anyone have bait or could bring some?

6. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Jealous? [emoji91]

[​IMG]

7. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Hey its hot enough! I am sweating loading the truck! [LOL]

8. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    It's going to be a soggy one. Two things I hope for. No rain when I set up and no rain when I tear down. Other than that I'm good.....

Phoodieman

9. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Apr 4, 2011
    SORRY to interrupt your rally talk, but after 32 years in FL dealing with fire ants, the only guaranteed method I grew to use are SLOW COOKING Grits. The instant will NOT work. And LIGHTLY sprinkle the mound so the worker ants will gather all they can. Basically, they feed the Queen right away and then the ants' body fluids take over and SPLAT!! When the Queen explodes the mound of worker ants will leave in search of a new Queen. That is, whoever is left TO travel! See multiple mounds? Lightly sprinkle them all.

Good luck and have a great rally!!

[:D]

10. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Adrian & Mrs.Adrianpglover we are in process of loading up, and will be leaving shortly. I will ask for early check in. Is there anyone in site 116 at this time? Thank you Richard Txbum

11. adrianpglover

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Your site is clear. All the sites near us are clear, down to the park host and someone down near the high 90s sites.

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Thank you . I spoke to park office personnel they say park is open and not to woody park does not flood. I got OK for early check in. Leaving soon. Storms will be closer to Austin and northeasterly direction. Phoodir drive slow. I will pm my cell number to all

13. carey3782

carey3782 New Member

Mar 11, 2015
    I hate to say this, but we are gonna back out. I've been too stressed lately drive that far to deal with rain and floods on top of it. [emoji57] sucks bc I've been looking forward to this since I joined the forum, but the weather prediction just doesn't look good. [emoji107]

14. Ty

Ty New Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Ug Carey3782 we are in the same boat over here. I am still sitting on the fence but the rest of my party are dropping like drowned flies. Lol

15. carey3782

carey3782 New Member

Mar 11, 2015
    I keep hoping for a miracle, I haven't called the park to cancel, but I haven't packed anything either. Even though we have camped with rain a lot, it just feels like a lot of extra work with the kids and the weather they're predicting. Not quite relaxing.

16. Ty

Ty New Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Well keep us posted if you change your mind. We are last minute packers so we are still preparing while I give my brain a rest on decion making. Lol

17. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    I'm sure there will be plenty enough pop up canopies to give some good sitting space where yall aren't stuck in the camper. Get out and enjoy the soggy weekend! Better to say you hated the rain than regretted not going.

18. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Well I am totally packed, more afraid of leaving my animals and house in Sugar Land where there might be flooding.

It looks like very high winds gusting 20-25, to go with 5-8 in if rain there. I'm going to pass. It's too much work to get it all home wet and popped ack out to dry when I am overloaded at work next week. Sorry guys!

19. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

Oct 18, 2015
    So far, it's been nice! No more rain forecasted for today. It did rain a bit last night and left mud puddles for the kids to play in. Our toddler is loving it!! Getting dirty is part of he experience!! Yesterday, DD decided to sit in the lake...fully clothed...she cleaned up real nice afterwards. There should be plenty of adults to wrangle all the kiddos...help each other out.

20. carey3782

carey3782 New Member

Mar 11, 2015
    I agree it's been nice so far here too and mud puddles are awesome! :) I certainly don't mind dirt. Haha, too funny that she sat in the lake! .... Even so, we've canceled our reservations. Sure hope we can meet y'all at another camp some day, even if it's not an official rally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.