2015 - Texas Puppers Fall Rall

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Txbum, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Well as much as I'd hate to do it, I think we are going to have to cancel our trip. The sons football game is getting rescheduled for Sunday morning. They are also starting to cancel a lot of activities in and around the area for tonight and tomorrow. Being a Volunteer Firefighter and a Police Officer I've also already been called and told to make myself available just in case. I don't think they are taking any part of this storm system lightly.

2. Steelsun

Steelsun "We aim to misbehave"

Aug 14, 2015
    Y'all that are still going: be safe out there!

3. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. adrianpglover

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    [​IMG]

5. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Ok, I'm not there, I'm in NJ...

But it looks like it's getting really, really wet down there by the looks of those big puddles!!!!

6. adrianpglover

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    The ground is soaked so the rain water is puddling up and rolling down to the lake. Right now the rain is not much more than a light but steady rain. No wind or lightning yet so yawning and canopies are keeping the outside equipment dry. Overall it's rather peaceful.

7. Ty

Ty New Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Hope everyone is safe, even if soggy!

8. mrs.sarabglover

mrs.sarabglover Member

Oct 18, 2015
    We're all headed home. Forecasted 50mph winds and tornados...no thanks!

9. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I think I'm the good weather rally luck charm. The two rallies I have I have been to had perfect weather and the two that I've missed, both were against my will, had nothing but rain.

But I'm very glad to know that everybody will be ok .

10. carey3782

carey3782 New Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Hope everyone is back home safe and dry!

11. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Apr 4, 2011
    Yup, what carey said! Can't wait for more pics! [A]

[:D]

12. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Thanks to everyone that made it to the Wet [LOL]Halloween Rally, we a small but spirited group. Adrian and Sarah good to meet you. Indy, Katie and son Nathan along with their guests Dave and his family,good to see you again.Phoodieman, had the longest drive too. My Maria Mary Jane was ever so energetic and saying come on Wagonmaster cook we need to feed the group! So much to write about will do so a lil bit
    later. Left park at 4:30 got home 6:10......55-60 mph . Adrian thanks for posting photos ! Txbum

13. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Well , not only was this a rally, but a learning event. I learned that I packed too much, but in doing so was able to help others. I packed three pop up canopies used two, one for us and one for Indy. I used a cover over the third unit to double up my canopy. Phoodie, let us borrow his canopy for the breakfast at adrianpglover's site. We cooked and went back and forth between Indy's site and adrian & sarah's site. We all received emergency weather advisories directly to our cell phones by the park's staff. Phoodie said he was leaving and encorage us to break down camp and leave. I spoke to Indy and Sarah we all decided it would be prudent to pack up and head home. More a bit later. Its enchilada casserole time with my honey Maria. Txbum

14. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Indy's friend brought her pop up to the rally. Parked unit (pup) leveled and stabilized it Went to raise up ..click nothing. Dave , Adrian and myself head scratching figured the battery was dead, used jumper cables and Dave's truck to try to lift pups roof. After a few tries the roof would raise and stop, raise and stop. Reversed and go down a bit and stop. Adrian suggested we connect direct on fuse breaker terminal. That worked going up! Next day however a whole new set of problems. Indy's all packed up and ready to lower roof of pup...we hooked up cables , click no go . Lower a inch or two stop. At this time it is just Dave and I wondering how to lower unit. We looked at lowering by manually using a crank. Well there is no crank. So a deep socket extensions and ratchet we see it come down but this will take forever. It is pouring rain off and on. Dave crawls under pup to look at lift sustem and main cable. I crawl under winch part and can see no obstructions. I find a square head screwdriver and remove the winch cover. Dave suggest we connect direct to motor by pass lift up/down switch. I connect jumper cables and YES!! It works , had to reverse my leads to lower unit. Thank you Lord. Understand that we had no experience with this unit. So Katy (Indy) I truly believe a new battery and definitely a new lift up/down switch is needed. If both are under warranty let the dealer repair it. Ask them for the old parts. A shame a $12.00 reversing switch is used on such a high dollar unit. The breaker is very suspect also. So battery ,breaker,switch need maintenance/ replacement. We learned a lot this weekend.

15. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Katie, forest river provides lifetime warranty on lift system for original owner of pup, don't get discouraged! Probably just a dead battery if I had to guess. We have same lift system on our, and yes by hand it takes forever, best to use a drill if you have to do it by hand.

16. Ty

Ty New Member

Sep 28, 2015
    I am so glad you all still had a great time!!

I wish we could get our deposit back to use another time since this was a little more than just rain. lol

Tx_Bum~~ Thanks to you and the wife for all the work you both put forward to pull this all together!! From answering multiple messages, updating the boards, making goody bags and more, I am sure. So sorry that Mother Nature had her own plan!!!

Hope to meet you all some other time soon!

17. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Ty, we thank you , and every one else that signed up, mother nature rules for sure. We will save the items we put together for a future rally. The goodie bags we will hand out this Saturday Halloween , weather permitting [}:)] Txbum.....

18. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas
    I'm glad that yall are ok. That picture of the campfire looks way to nice. maybe i'll get on e going here soon.

19. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    I do believe it's Jeffs turn....Z for next wagon master anyone?

20. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Plus 1 or make that 2 votes for Z's owner. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.