2015 Texas Puppers Spring Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by skeetercampsintexas, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-minusRetire

T-minusRetire New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Skeeter, put us down for 1 x 6 year old boy , 1 x 20 month old boy, and 1 x 20 month old girl ..... Let's go camping ! ! !

2. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Hey guys, I know this is not the place to ask this question, but I didn't really want to explain things on the whole board & you guys are my trusted experts here locally anyway.

With all the changes happening in my life, I don't know yet what I'm going to do with the camper but I'm not ready to sell it. Nathan and I will be moving out of our house to a townhome and will no longer have a garage. I have a friend with some land where I can store the camper, but it will be outside uncovered. We have always stored our camper in the garage when not in use, so this is new to me. What is the best way to protect it, and will it be ok outside for several months? I'm trying to avoid paying storage, but I also don't want to see it ruined.

3. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Mine has lived outside it's entire life indy :) a good cover and maybe some tire covers if you really want to cover everything and you'll be okay. I wouldn't leave the battery or propane tank attached, so you may have to do what we do and just transfer everything if you go anywhere.

4. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    What Skeeter said. Ours stays in the backyard and it's fine. You might consider a cover for it just for extra protection but it will be fine.

Put a lock on the coupler too.

5. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Indy,Nathan, I keep our PUP covered with a tarp and use bungie cords to secure the tarp....they say not use tarp but, I left the Pup uncovered and high front to back angle. Then with all the rains we had, I raised the pup only to notice that water had accumulated in the A/C unit and when I leveled the PUP to raise it, the water rush in. The only problem was a wet canvas. Quickly dried canvas out with a heater...Now we keep covered and at a slight angle so rain will drain off. A PUP camper cover may be a better option. I have one on Jane's teardrop it works, but is also under a small carport.richard

6. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Hmm - would an AC cover prevent that Richard? Without covering the whole thing?

7. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

Jun 21, 2012
    Champaign Illinois
    Indy I think their problem was cause it was raised so high. The only thing sealing an A/C down is a foam gasket. If as they said it was at a high angle water would colect on the gasket and soak through Am I right Nathan? [?]

8. goofiefoot

goofiefoot New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    I just saw this, and we may be able to make it. I looked at the reservation site, and it looks like there's some spots still available. We'd be driving up from Austin, so not a long trip at all. This is the first weekend of my wife's spring break, but we may have some scheduling conflicts. If we can make it, we will certainly try. Our inaugural trip in our new pup (http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=92362.msg929047;topicseen#new) was not as exciting as we hoped, and we want to get out again soon. We'll keep in touch.

Cheers!

9. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Welcome aboard goofiefoot, hope to see you and family there....Txbum...Richard....

10. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Indy, I did have only the A/C covered at one time, but " I " failed to place the cover back on...mi culpa...mi culpa..( my fault)....Yes an A/C cover would work fine. Big question is does your PUP have an aluminum roof or is it composite like fiber glass?....If it is ABS plastic , please try to covered it up somehow. ABS will crack when exposed to sun light over an extended period of time. Txbum....

11. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Quick recap of the events of the rally....

Thursday-Friday: arrivals, camp setup.
    Saturday morning: everyone cook a small breakfast for yourselves, we will gather to eat at roughly 8-9am-ish.
    Shortly after breakfast is when I would like to do the memorial for Mat.
    Early Saturday afternoon we will have an early easter egg hunt for the kiddos, followed by a dizzy dash for willing adults (spin around a bat then race to a finish line), you will be competing for a very useful camp related item!
    Saturday evening is the Dutch oven potluck. It was originally dutch over only, turned into dutch oven mainly, feel free to cook what you wish :)
    Sunday, get the heck outta dodge and wait for the next rally!

I am attempting to keep this rally fairly uneventful, so to speak. Minor things here and there, but mainly wanted everyone to have the opportunity to get back to the basics...sit down and watch the kids play,enjoy a good drink, conversation, just do whatever creams your twinkie.

Less than 2 weeks to go! See yall down the road!!

12. goofiefoot

goofiefoot New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    OK, we're in and reserved for Site #11 for Saturday night only. It's showing check-in at 3, but we'll see if we can show up a little earlier and hang out, even if we can't get into our site. For the attendance, it will be 2 adults, 1 kiddo (2.5 years), and 2 dogs (assuming our 16-year-old survives another week). Looking forward to meeting y'all, visiting, and getting some ideas for our new camper. See ya there!

13. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    all right , glad to have you aboard. see you there ...Txbum

14. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Hi all,
    I am off for Spring Break and will be coming up on Wed. 11th, staying thru Sun. Seems like this rally is very low key, so I'm not bringing a ton of stuff. If there is a need for pop up canopy or long table, lights and such, please let me know.
    Looking forward to the rest, fellowship, and nicer weather.
    Safe travel everyone!
    Robin

15. sallugo

sallugo Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Fort Worth TX
    Bad news! I had to cancel my reservation, so site #22 is available. My pup is still in Tucson and looks as if it will be at least another month before we get it out here! Hope to see you all soon at the campfire!!!! Enjoy!!!!

2014 Flagstaff Mac 228D
    2004 Ford Expedition 5.4L 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Sal,bring a tent and come on down! Just don't forget the cookies and smores [LOL]

Robin,being the host of this rally, I wanted to try and get back to the type of rally we had for our very first...no big events, little stuff for the kids here and there but mostly just a potluck and good company! Any extra tables and shade covers would be appreciated.

Also to anyone who is bringing kids, we will be doing an early easter egg hunt. Yes I know it's early, but the coming st. Patrick's day celebrations are, well....I'm not giving the kids booze so we decided an early egg hunt would work [:D] please try to bring some basket type something, tupperware, dutch oven, hell anything that'll hold some eggs! Anyone who would like to bring extra eggs and candy is welcome to do so, but none required by any means

Also, adults don't forget about our dizzy dash race! I've got a great item for all who are interested in the competition, winner takes it home!

17. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Traveling light suits me just fine! See ya'll there!

18. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello all, Jane & I went to shopping and found some small canvas like bags for all the kids. The bags might hold about 6 eggs....also found larger traditional baskets for the adult (1 per site)...in these baskets we will add welcome to rally items. The adults may want to allow the kiddos to use their baskets. If parents like we could have some one at the rally write the kiddos names on their baskets. In the children's baskets we will have some candies and other kiddo items. We would like to know more or less the ages of the kids. Some kids we know already. Of course if there are another volunteers to help Jane make up the baskets , we would be so honored. Thank you Txbum....Now where is that brisket, here brisket, here brisket....I tried to convince Jane it ( brisket) was not going to happen. She put her foot down, oh no you're not ! [LOL] Txbum

19. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Hmmmm.....basket, or brisket??? Decisions, decisions. If I have to pick just one, my stomach tells me brisket. [LOL]

20. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    skeeter, you can turn a brisket into a basket, I dunno how good you turn a Basket into a brisket...might be lil tuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.