2015 Texas Puppers Spring Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by skeetercampsintexas, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

Jun 21, 2012
    Champaign Illinois
    Skeeter; question for you please. Where did you get your camper. Or more to the point where would you get an estimate on roof damage and bump damage to our camper in your neck of the woods. We had a tree try successfully try to share a limb with us. We also found several miles of gravel road that got rough with us all of a sudden. Coming in early to Waco area to look for estimates. Thanks.

2. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Plainsman we bought our camper at Mays RV in lewiseville. There is a big pop up dealer in Cleburne called Fun town RV, we originally looked there for our model. They are further south but still a ways from Waco. If you find yourself trying to come into Mays RV in Lewisville, please feel free to let us know if you need any assistance with anything as we are within 45 mins of their shop. I have always been pleased with the service at Mays, I was not impressed from the get-go with Funtown.

Funtown RV - funtownrv.com

Mays RV - (972) 434-1656

Sorry to hear about your troubles! Hopefully all works out well for you!

3. ill.plainsman

Jun 21, 2012
    Champaign Illinois
    thanks skeeter. we are calling them tomorrow and see if they can help us. Mays that is. We need somebody we can trust even if we have to go home to fix this thing. see you at the rally partner. we will get it temp. fixed even if the creek rises.

4. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

Jun 25, 2012
    Uh oh, IP I hope that things get fixed easily. You are on quite an adventure. Hope to see you at Turkey Run in May. Will say a prayer for you two.

5. ill.plainsman

Jun 21, 2012
    Champaign Illinois
    Hey pandpcamper, don't worry about us we got connections ha hah. But seriously we.will be there if I have to go home and get the other camper. [PUC] [:O]

6. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

Jun 25, 2012
    I'm sure you will. It will be good to see you guys and hear about all of your travels.

7. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Hope all goes well for yall plainsman. If you find yourself at Mays don't get sucked in to the R-Pods! We almost bought one [LOL] they also carry [ALPU] style flagstaff trailers. Good luck with everything, see yall this weekend!

8. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    R-Pods are nice..There's also a Palomino Palo-mini floor plan that would work for me and a factory option is raised suspension and larger wheels/tires.

9. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    I will make an Apple crisp in my Dutch oven for dessert for those of you up on Thursday afternoon or evening. Also, Maryjane, I have little stuffed bunnies for all kids to add to your stuff. Will bring some other stuff too.

10. ill.plainsman

Jun 21, 2012
    Champaign Illinois
    We made it to the right campgrounds but we were a day early so we had to park on someone else's site. #18 but we will be gone by 1 oclock and moved over to #26. Nice park. Looks real nice as far as sites go. Pull through are huge like at home and the back ins are probably 50' to 75' long very nice. :) [PU] [PUT] [SUN]

11. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Awesome plainsman, thanks for the info on the park. Post some pics if you get a chance. If not we will all see it in a couple of days.

12. ill.plainsman

Jun 21, 2012
    Champaign Illinois
    Not sure how to post pics to the portal. Maybe I can get a couple of you smart guys to go over it several times with me. I'm not real good at this but getting better all the time. If you folks want to see where we have been so far or want to see where we go next go to Facebook and look up Doug McNattin. Make a friend request and I'll hook you up [RTM] . Either way see you all in a few days. [CP]

13. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Posting pics requires a Flickr or Photobucket account to host them..Or if youre using the Tapatalk App you can upload/post directly from it.

14. ill.plainsman

Jun 21, 2012
    Champaign Illinois
    Thanks shfd, I'm not sure how to explore my photo bucket or tap talk account. I have both but not sure how they work. All my pics go automatically to photo bucket. My son set it up [RTM] but I don't get it. I set up tap talk but haven't found instructions on how to go farther. I can get about 6 to 12 part s of the forum but that's all. [?:~{] I am slowly getting into this stuff. But like I said FB me and I'll hook them up. [8D]

15. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I had over three inches of rain over here early this week and I hope I can get the Apache out to the street without burying it to the axles. The field in the back where I take it out still had standing water in it today. May be I can get some scrap ply at work and step it out to the street. This might turn into a muddy mess but I'm in it for the long haul.

Phoodieman

16. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    I got 4x4 phoodie :)

17. T-minusRetire

T-minusRetire New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    I had to give my family bad news [V]

We had to cancel our spot & weekend camping with ya'll [:!]

My work is requiring me to be here at work this weekend [:(O]

The power to our lab is being shutdown and I need to be here Saturday to make sure it gets back online properly when the power comes back on [:(!]

This is a bunch of " [sf] [sf] [sf]" ...excuse my language...but I'm " [sf] [sf] [sf]".

We were really looking forward to this weekend.

Hope everyone has a good time [V]

18. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

May 18, 2009
    Hutto, Texas
    I made a test run with the SUV and now I'm almost buried ten feet from the road. Brother is on his way with a 4 x 4 jeep to pull me out soon. Glad I didn't try this move with the camper. There is an RV place right down the road. Looks like I'll be flying a rental Jayco this weekend.... [:O] [?:~{] [:!] [:D]

Phoodieman

19. skeetercampsintexas

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    That's the spirit phoodie, rally or bust!

20. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I was hoping to drive up for the day tomorrow, but with us moving next weekend it just won't be possible. Too much to do. Y'all have fun - I miss our rally days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.