2015 - Texas Sweetheart Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsubeta04

tsubeta04 New Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Put me down for one of those canopies.

2012 jayco jay series 1206
    2008 GMC Sierra

2. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    tsubeta, ryan , thanks for offering the pop ups canopies...THE LIST???.....Ryan can you have PopupSteve add a Breakfast pot luck list that can be self edited by you...I hope that other Puppers can bring a stove and griddle to the Breakfast rally Point. I will bring my large grill but we can only cook so much at one time. I have a smaller Coleman LXE Road Trip grill I can bring. I am trying to reduce the bulky ( heavy items) from transport. A gas two burner stove with skillets , cooking utensils like spatula, egg beater or wisk to scramble eggs and or pancake batter. Tongs to flip bacon, large spoons , ladels to serve food. Crock pots to keep things hot. Will bring a three pot crock pot warmer.

3. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX

Id like to just use the potluck list already there. We don't need it for the dinner. We just need to know what groceries and gear you need, specifically like 2 dozen eggs or 3lbs of bacon.

Is this a list of what you need or are bringing?

4. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I couldn't find my reservation receipt email that shows the gate code if you will arrive after 5. I called the office just now and they gave me mine, but each camper has an individual one or Id post it here. If you can't find your email, give them a call, or they said they will call you on Friday. I didn't want to miss that call on accident so I called and got it and saved it in my phone.

5. tsubeta04

tsubeta04 New Member

Sep 27, 2014
    I'll show up with one crock pot, a griddle, extension cords, skillets if needed, and breakfast items to cook with the utensils needed to cool them.

2012 jayco jay series 1206
    2008 GMC Sierra

6. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Wylie, Texas
    Sounds like richard is gonna get stuck with most of the cooking [:O] why not do what we did last time. Everyone makes a dish, everyone buys their own stuff for said dish, and everyone serves that dish at "x:xx" AM. That takes the weight off one persons shoulders to try and plan on how to feed and cook for 25 people. Seems as though yall are making it much more complicated than it really needs to be.

7. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Thanks Skeeter, no worries mate, things always work out....how's the new job?....If the fellows can fix ther bringings early we can them keep things hot in the crock pots. The eggies we can do E.T.O. eggs to order :).....Just want the guys ready to serve the ladies in style...bring your best APRONS [LOL]...no pink!!

8. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Ryanincc, that is my list....so far.... [LOL]

9. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Oh OK. I didn't understand how the breakfast was going to work. I thought it would mostly all be cooked the same morning on a couple grills at the gathering spot. What kind of stuff could we make ahead of time and bring? I can do a bunch of chocolate pancakes and bring them.

Weather note: Its looking to be beautiful *fingers crossed*

10. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Been watching daytime, but unable to reply.
    Will do as above, and make enough for us plus one (maybe two).

11. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Mat is probably going to make some breakfast potatoes/hash browns. We'll just make however much it makes and play it by ear - it will be more than enough I'm sure, but I have no idea the quantity ahead of time. I tend to agree with Skeeter. There is always so much food - I think if everyone makes their dish and brings it, it's easier, so that's probably how we'll do it.

We have a table but no EZ up. Will bring our table and our chairs. We always keep a 2-burner propane stove and mini grill in the camper, so we'll have that. I might need to bring my crockpot too.

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Indy, thank you ! I am looking forward to the feast. [:)O]

13. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Wow, I feel super dumb. My apologies, Txbum, if you thought I was pushing you to cook everything. I thought there would be a couple of cooks, I just look to you as an essential part of a Pupper Rally :) Its a "potluck" breakfast lol. I don't know where I got the idea it was all going to be cooked in the morning.

Ok, so I will bring some chocolate pancakes.

Side note: When I called the campground earlier, they told me if you want the half off discount for the Snow Day, you must get the wristbands before 10AM Saturday at the front office. Ill have to go up there anyway in the morning to pay for our campsite since Ill arrive after hours around 8PM I think on Friday.

14. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Ryanincc, don't worry bout it, it 's all good....we just need to rally up and plan the best-est Sweetheart Breakfast for the Ladies [:D].....just dropping bits of info so the new-comers will not be surprised....we do put on a good show, er, potluck. Indy, Matt Solo, you bringing some dem pumpkin pancakes???

15. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Hey all,
    I finally talked with Ranger Cindy about her nature program and the fish print shirts.

She has to be at the Snow Fest all day Sat. But she is happy to do a short program I'm fishing for us on Sun and the fish print shirts.

I suggested 10:00 for the program and follow doing shirts and award for fishing, putt putt, and other games while we are assembled there at the nature center.

This will allow all to get their coffee and breakfast early and those leaving Sunday can participate then go back and begin to tear down to leave around noon.

Please tell me what you think of these plans, and them I will confirm with Cindy.

Robin

16. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I think that would work fine for those that want to go. I know some people prefer to bang out the take down and get going early. Im not one of those campers. [LOL] I bet if we called the front desk, or Cindy, and asked if we could have late checkouts they would oblige. I almost always ask for one and have never been turned down. Ill be departing on Monday, so we should be at the presentation.

17. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Sound great to me. I don't have any little ones, but if some needed to pack up early while others did fish shirts with their kiddos, it might even make their packing up job 10x easier. :) I don't mind volunteering to help with that.

I plan on staying as late as we're allowed on Sunday, but eventually we have to leave and get back to work on Monday.

18. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I didn't think of that, Indy. I know my camp breakdown goes 80% faster if the wife can take the kids anywhere but inside the pup. Rarely happens [emoji13] One of the main reasons I got a site near the playground.

My phone did this using Tapatalk

19. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    Ok then, I'll tell Cindy we are a go for Sunday at 10:00. She said she can ramp up the program for adults as well. And everyone can do a shirt. Just bring a shirt and we will take care of everything else. I will try to bring a couple extra shirts.

Thank you Katie for volunteering to help with shirts. I am pretty sure I have 4 ladies coming with me for the weekend and they love doing stuff too.

Getting excited!

20. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    lonstarcamper, question...what color TEE shirts to bring? thanks Txbum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.