2015 - Texas Sweetheart Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    For the fish print tshirts, bring any light color shirt that you want. Pale yellow, gray, blue, or white work best!

Everybody, please don't forget to bring your shirt!

2. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Two More Days !!!........ [CP]...... [PU]..... [SUN]....... [:D]......Txbum........

3. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I know, two more days. This is when I really get stressed out.[emoji13]

My phone did this using Tapatalk

4. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Jul 25, 2014
    No need to Ryan. It's all good! We have everything covered and even if we don't, it will be so much fun!

Time to relax!

5. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

Jun 25, 2012
    Freezing northern IL member is envious! Have fun!

6. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    pandpcamper, come on down pardna, we will treat ya right! Got plenty of fixins.....(grub)... [LOL]..Txbum

7. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Almost 60,000 lbs of snow expected Saturday in Edna! Oh boy it's going to be cold!

https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaAdvocate/posts/10155064469645134

8. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Re: 2015 - Texas Sweetheart Rally....arrivals time

Hello all, would like to know when you plan to arrive at your campsites.... we ( Jane, Txbum, & Robin) are planning a hot Spaghetti dinner Friday afternoon/evening...would like to know more or less what time and how many people would be interested in dinner? Spaghetti with meat (without meat).... salad, toasted garlic bread....please bring your own drinks... [:D]...Txbum

9. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Thats so nice of you guys! I think we are going to feed and bathe my littlest before we leave town so we wont arrive until after 8, maybe even after 9. Ill ask the wife, but will you have any leftovers around our arrival?

edit: wife said she'd prefer to eat on the way. I don't think she can wait that long to eat lol. But thank you Txbum for the offer. I'll probably need some spotters for backing up though haha

10. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    So very nice, indeed!
    Looks like we (me and DW) should arrive about 4-ish, and we look forward to meeting everybody.

Just saw a strange light from above...was told it is the sun.

Weather for Edna looks pretty good.
    Sunny Friday, mostly sunny Sat, sunny Sun.
    Highs 66, lows 42.

We have room for good weather?

11. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    That's very generous, Richard, but please don't plan on us being there in time for dinner. We will most likely have to just grab something on the way. I can't predict our arrival time since it depends on when we can get away from work. Matt won't be home til around 4 most likely, and for me - who knows. Hopefully before 4, but could be closer to 6.

12. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Indy, Ryan, Merlin14, sounds good....Indy...T-minusRetire ( Alex & Tony ) will be attending...

13. tsubeta04

tsubeta04 New Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Dinner sounds awesome but count us out for dinner.

looks like canceling out trip is a possibility.

Some lowlife punk broke into my moms home last night after leaving our house for dinner with my wife and I. We are all just shook so we will be deciding in the next few hours what the game plan is.

If we do end up making it, we will probably pick something up on the way and arrive sometime between 8-9.

Kind idea of y'all to make dinner,

2012 jayco jay series 1206
    2008 GMC Sierra

14. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    tsubeta04,
    DW and I know this pain too well. We hope you can make it and to meet you.

Txbum,
    We hope to pull out around 1 and roll in about 3-4. DW gave me list of what she wants from me tonight. List has 10 items, and reads "big campfire" 10 times.
    See ya'll this afternoon! YEAH! Zoom-zoom!

15. Ryanincc

Dec 28, 2013
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Hah! You're a riot, Merlin [LOL]

Way behind schedule here. But I think we will still make it around 9.

Be sure to have your gate code if you are arriving after 5. They should call you today sometime and give it to you, but I went ahead and called them and got it. It's also on your reservation receipt but I lost mine.

361-782-5718

So sorry to hear the tsubeta. We really hope you can make it still.

16. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Made it home ok...left 0200 pm went into Edna to visit Mary Jane's brother, left there at 0300 pm , arrived home 410 pm...all in all we have a great time. Met new people, past rally attendees. Big hats off to Robin and Mary Jane, Katie, Stacy, Shannon,Ruth and all the ladies that helped put up decorations and prepare the goodie gift bags. Everyone that donated a gift for the drawings thanks, Big THANK YOU to tsubeta(Gabe) and SouthTexas camper9George) for helping cook the big breakfast , eggs, sausage, bacon and pancakes. Stacie & Mark(Merlin 14) for the Chinese sausage, thank you. More later.....Txbum

17. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Same here, made it home safe. We were the party poopers and left first. After a few stops in Victoria to get the four legged child his name tag from Petsmart and Goliad to grab lunch, we made it home around 5ish. I have to say it was a GREAT FIRST rally for us! Ryan, thanks for setting this up and Thanks to everyone for everything! TxBum hats of to you Sir! Last to bed, first to rise! You and Mary Jane made sure everything was taken care of and put away before ya'll turned in. Richard tell Mary Jane that Shannon still wants to know how to make that casserole in the crockpot. Hope to see everyone more SOONER than later!!

18. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    We stayed for a late checkout and had some beginners' luck with playing washers. What fun! We had to finally give in and start packing up around 5 pm, and were able to roll out by 6:15 pm - pretty good time. It was a beautiful park and lots of great friends and food. Thanks to everyone. Special thanks to Ryan and Robin for all your work coordinating such a great weekend, and to Richard and Mary Jane who always go above and beyond with meal prep. Too many thank yous to mention!

It was wonderful getting to know all our newbies too! Can't wait to see everyone next time - in your fish shirts! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
    Indy, who all played washers? We played with Tony , Jaylon (sic) & Tillie ..then Staicie had a go add it....I found out it is fun but no easy to hit the box ,let alone a hole in one. JayLon got a throw into the box.... George I will pm the recipe to you.

20. Indy

Indy Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Mat and I played against Robin and Ruth first, and defeated them with Mat's skill.

Next, Mat and I played against Brittany and Gabe and I was the star player that round, sinking 2 washers in the center cup.

After that, I think the games continued but we had to go pack up and head out. It was fun! Wish we could've stayed longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.