2015 Vermont Fall Foliage Rally Sept. 25 - 27

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by mercman, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuthut

nuthut Member

Aug 3, 2012
    2 more days. I should be leaving ny by 10am hopefully be there by 3pm. See you guys there.

2. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    Good news. Just got off the phone with the RV place repairing our pup. She should be ready to roll today or tomorrow! It will be great news when they call us to say we can pick her up! I am so so so looking forward to having a mom/son weekend camping in VT. We probably won't get up there until about 8pm because of school and work but we'll stop by the Friday night Meet and Greet as soon as I finish set up. I might send Jake over once his jobs in setting up are done. Not sure yet what we'll plan for Saturday but looks like there will be lots of options!

3. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    Strictly water sports Steve

We are off at noon time Friday so we should be there by 3:00 - Can't wait!

4. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    At least Ken got to go to Greyfox, it's good to see he has his priorities straight.
    We will throw a log on the fire for you

5. Segchris

Segchris New Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Does anyone know if they have a strict late check-in policy? We don't get out of work until 5 and most likely wont make the campground until 8-8:30. Hopefully at that point the kids (5 months and 2) will be sleeping in the car so basic setup should go quick even in the dark. Excited for our first rally.

6. Segchris

Segchris New Member

Jan 5, 2015
    I called over my lunch, the booth is open until 10pm FYI.

7. Jimmy the rug

Jimmy the rug New Member

Aug 5, 2014
    I just got back from Winhall campground about an hour ago,
    What a nice place and very clean, The bath houses are spotless
    They sell wood there at the ranger station 5 dollars a bundle, But before
    You get to the campground there is this place that builds sheds, They leave hoppers
    Of wood for the taking, They have oak and pine it's great for kindling you can take as much as you want, Tge river is almost nonexistent no rain for awhile so it's really low,
    Hiking is fantastic with easy trails and somewhat more difficult trails like up to the falls
    Clear nights bring out the stars like you can reach out and touch them Love the campground

8. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Arrived safely and all set up and made our first visit to Grandma Miller's Bakery [:)O]

9. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    Very jealous that you are there already, beautiful weather to be camping. Enjoy!

10. nuthut

nuthut Member

Aug 3, 2012
    How strict is check in time if I arrive early before 1pm will they let's us on our site?

11. VTRailroadguy

VTRailroadguy Active Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Northwestern Vermont
    What he said :)

12. nuthut

nuthut Member

Aug 3, 2012
    How the color of the leaves?

13. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Just curious .is the best way get down at Brattleboro and take rt 30 to rt 100.
    Most private campground usually have best route but this is nor private.

14. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    The map has a directions function. Just click "Directions" then "To" input your "From" location.
    looks like you could take 30.

15. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

We are on our way should be there around 745.
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

16. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    Gorgeous cool morning along the river, perfect for a cup of coffee.
    That's mo official check in @ the rally.

17. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Mercman thanks for putting on the Rally, as usual the weather was perfect. Sorry I didn't meet more folks from the South Side, met VTRailroadguy and his wife and kids and caught up with Stefie19, Ductape, Shelmily, Stormtrooper KMH and Mercman. Great food at the pot luck, chili cook off was good despite the Wagonmaster winning [?:~{] But he graciously gave the award to the first runner up Ductape. Stormtroopers Gryo's were as good as the real thing! Stefie19's Mac-n-cheese was awesome depsite some food critics opinions at our table (you know who you are) [LOL] Oh, and someone get Shelmily a map of Vermont for next year [LOL] A couple of chlly mornings 42-44 until this morning at 39 deg F. See everyone next year!!

18. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Long trip but worth it. Great rally. Wonderful weather all the long weekend. What a nice campground too. I'll post some video later this week.

19. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Apr 4, 2011
    You've been to the rest, now comes the best! [:O] [LOL] [LOL]

JUST kidding y'all! I can't wait to see all your photos!!

[:D]

20. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Thanks Mercman the DW and I had a good time at the pot luck. Sorry we did not get to hang out at the meet & greet and meet some new people because we drove around Vermont lost on dirt roads for a few hours. Anyway we had fun & found the CG to our liking we cant wait to do it again!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.