2015 Vermont Fall Foliage Rally Sept. 25 - 27

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by mercman, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I almost forgot to thank Steve for all he does and the cooler gizmo swag.

Thank You PopupSteve

2. VTRailroadguy

VTRailroadguy Active Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Northwestern Vermont
    The whole family had a wonderful time. We had a great dinner and met some even greater people. It was only our second time out with our pup and I can safely say we are hooked. Campground was terrific and the weather was gorgeous. We can't wait to do it again!

3. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Hey .......... a win by default is still a win in my book !!! [LOL]

[​IMG]

4. Ductape

Jun 12, 2013
    What a great place to have a rally. A look down river from the road into the north loop. Near left KMH, far left shelmily, center Storm Trooper, right Davylee ....... otherwise know as The Elite Fleet. [:D] [:D]

Thanks mercman, we will be back again next year !

[​IMG]

5. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    We had a fantastic weekend! My son had a blast playing with the other kids in our loop, and he still asks to see Shelmily's daughters when he wakes up!

The awesome thing about this park is that it has accommodations for those who would prefer hookups, and those that don't require it. The unfortunate part of that is that sometimes we don't get to see everyone as much as we'd like, as the other loop requires going over the bridge to see them. For those I didn't catch up with, I wish I had been able to!

Thanks, PopupSteve for making the trek to the rally! It was great catching up with you!

6. VTRailroadguy

Aug 19, 2015
    Northwestern Vermont
    It's too bad my boy was sick all day Saturday, he would have had a blast playing with yours and Ductape's son. There's always next rally :)

7. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    He did come over for a little while! Then he was telling us how he had been puking, LOL. [:(O]

8. VTRailroadguy

Aug 19, 2015
    Northwestern Vermont
    Hah, that sounds about right. He'll tell it like it is!

9. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    I would like to thank our wagon master for a job well done as usual. Would also like to thank him for running the chili contest, collecting the votes, tallying the votes, and then telling us he won. :)

10. nuthut

nuthut Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Thanks for hosting the rally. Had a great time and met a lot of nice people. Didn't get to meet everyone being we were down in the south loop but there's always next year. Kids had a great time and it was a beautiful campground. Thanks to popup Steve for hosting the meet and greet. Steve it was a pleasure camping next to you. Thanks for the decals and enjoyed your company at our campfire Friday night. I have a ton of pictures from the potluck I'll post up hopefully tonight. See you guys at the next rally!!!!

11. silverfz

silverfz Member

Aug 8, 2013
    We had a fun time and in the process found a great campground. I will return for sure. Its only 170 miles and a very steep and windy road [cedar st] in Brattleboro to get on to Rt30 from exit 2. I also learned not to listen to the GPS . I came in through exit 1 and union street. That road went vertical road . I am happy the tundra just needed me a little more gas to make it.

it was great meeting a few on the South Side and the Potluck was real good. I have to do the chili contest next time . The kids complained about leaving . My daughter and Son did not want to leave.

satz

12. msbrown253

msbrown253 Mike in CT

Jul 12, 2013
    Thanks to all for a great weekend. This was our first Portal rally, but it won't be the last. I was happy to judge the chili cookoff, but I think next year I'll be entering it! Sorry we didn't meet more people, but we did meet some great folks around us on the South loop.

13. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Here are two photos from around the rally. The first is a shot from down river, where the two rivers meet. You can see some of the camper of a few of the rally attendees. The second is just a mountain view from the area. You can see that the foliage had only just started changing. But still beautiful.

Attached Files:

14. molanginaeda

molanginaeda Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Just join the forum and miss this rally. I was winterizing my camper over the weekend. Would prefer camping instead of packing up [:(]

The weekend weather was good (nice and cool). I will keep checking in for 2016 rally info.

15. Ductape

Jun 12, 2013
    Anyone else got a few pics of the rally to post up ??

Bueller ? Bueller ??

16. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    Thanks everyone for coming out and enjoying a great weekend in VT. As usual, great weather, great food and great people! I couldn't think of a better place to end our camping seaon.
    The only photos I took are of my site and my dog so I can't contribute any.
    See you all next near and I will post up next years rally during the winter.

17. VTRailroadguy

Aug 19, 2015
    Northwestern Vermont
    Bright and early Saturday morning. A guy couldn't ask for better neighbors!

[​IMG]

Here's my better half, her little clone and the pup.

[​IMG]

The view from my site

[​IMG]

18. Ductape

Jun 12, 2013
    What ? [?:~{] [?:~{] Everyone loves Duncan..... :)

19. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

Thanks for a great weekend Chris.

20. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Aug 20, 2007
    Western MA
    Thanks for setting this up, Chris. One of the nicest parks we have ever stayed in!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.