2018 Vermont Fall Foliage Rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by mercman, Feb 20, 2018.

1. JunkyBurrittos

JunkyBurrittos Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Central MA
    Ooo for breakfast too? [:)O]

jnc likes this.
  2. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Yeah I am ok with brownies and ice cream all weekend. [LOL]

stefie19 likes this.
  3. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

May 4, 2009
    Maine
    Breakfast casserole for the breakfast, was gonna make Scrapple casserole but the hurricane is going to impact pig farming

4. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    Why doesn't that surprise me?

5. shelmily

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Yeah, it really shouldn't.

6. JunkyBurrittos

Mar 18, 2017
    Central MA
    Does anyone know anything about the kayak rentals? Are they located right at the put-in and is there any need to reserve ahead? Any idea of the fees?

I have a kayak but frankly since i got the Acadia I'm not tall enough to load it. And i hesitate to buy one of those expensive hydraulic carriers if i might be going to a truck as my TV within the next year or two. Plus the kids have outgrown their kayaks anyhow so I'll need a rental resource if i can get them off their electronics!

7. C. VanHart

C. VanHart Getting back to it,

Jan 19, 2017
    Ok so I’m sitting at The KOA in Hershey and the WiFi is not good enough for me to read everything I’ve missed so if I repeat I apologize. Char and I will be coming in Wednesday Morning. I will bring a nice roll of Pork Roll for the Breakfast thing. I may or may not make chili. I will make chicken fajita egg rolls for the dinner. And I will definitely taste beer on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday well you get the picture. As far as the official tasting I will make sure I do a lot of research and only bring the finest.

PopUpSteve likes this.
  8. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    There is a place on Route 100 that rents them called Equipe Sport. You have to haul it wherever you go though. I'm actually considering getting one or two inflatable ones for Jake and myself since we don't do this very often.

9. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    I'm excited to see the new hybrid........ [LOL][LOL][LOL]

10. JunkyBurrittos

Mar 18, 2017
    Central MA
    Thanks Stef. Clearly I'll need to think this through as it seems like transport will be an issue no matter what. :( Maybe I'll have to look into inflatables although I know those are slower and more work than regular hard sided ones. I'm slow and tired enough as it is! I saw really cool collapsible hard side ones at REI but we're talking thousands of $$$. Aahhhhh wouldn't it be nice to have unlimited play money!

11. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    I totally get that. For the once or twice that I go out and kayak, I'm willing to do a little more work I think. And the storage situation for us, works better to have inflatables. They have them relatively inexpensive on Amazon so I might be willing to try it out and not feel like it's draining the bank too badly if it doesn't turn out to work well.

12. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    I have room in my truck for your rental if your worried about transporting it. Rental place is only a few minutes to the pond.

13. JunkyBurrittos

Mar 18, 2017
    Central MA
    Wow, thank you so much Chris, I really appreciate that. I will likely take you up on that for at least two, possibly three kayaks.

14. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    No problem, its right at the bottom of the hill. Just make sure you get matching sets of paddles, Stef got 2 different halves of paddles last year.

15. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    We just got back from Winhall Brook after a great weekend of camping. We took a hour long trip north up to Long Trail Brewery for a great lunch and beer outside on the patio. Nice place and a gorgeous ride up. Leaves have a hint of change in them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    WVhillbilly, jnc and PopUpSteve like this.
  16. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Is that a stack of bottles at the brewery or the beer you brought back from the brewery? [LOL]

Got a new seat for my kayak, now I just have to install it.

Looks like this hurricane will be turning north and running through PA and up through New England over the next few days. Hopefully all it's punch will be gone by then.

17. mercman

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    Those are for the beer
    tasting..

jnc and PopUpSteve like this.
  18. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    Yeah, that was fun wasn't it? [LOL]

19. shelmily

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Only one week to go! Camper is pretty much ready, just need to wash it and pack before we go. I CAN'T WAIT!

20. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    QUOTE="shelmily, post: 1236584, member: 38405"]Only one week to go! Camper is pretty much ready, just need to wash it and pack before we go. I CAN'T WAIT![/QUOTE]
    Sharon dropped by my place today, so we pulled out the map to look over our route. I’m picking her up at 8am Monday. We’re stopping overnight near Lowville NY, then on to Winhall Brook Tuesday morning. Should be in Hybrid Hollow by mid afternoon. We’re debating about putting her double kayak rack on my my car, or whether she’ll rent in VT again. If Sharon doesn’t bring her kayak, does someone have room in their truck for Sharon’s rental?

57B8B26A-4798-4406-8D0D-FE098A4AB7C1.gif

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018 at 6:46 PM