3rd Annual 2018 Northeast PA Rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by shelmily, Jul 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    [LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL]

2. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    I truly appreciate your efforts, Jimmy. But please don’t miss another pub crawl on my account! :oops: I also think that Emily and the girls might like to see more of you.:rolleyes:

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Oh don't worry. Your thing is like a 20 minute thing. Mike and Jeff brought me awesome beer though!

4. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Joy and I were originally staying Sunday night and leaving Monday, but now will be leaving on Sunday. I have to see a neurologist and find out if this tremor is something to worry about or not. (Yes, I am already worried.)
    We spent some time today getting the pup ready and double checking what we need/want to bring.

5. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Trailer packed, hitched and ready to go. Just need to load my cooler in my TV in the morning. Goal is to leave 7:30ish tomorrow morning. Should arrive by 6pm, barring any ‘incidents’ at the border crossing. No produce or Kinder Surprise Eggs on board, so I should be good.

6. DJS12354

Safe travels!

Strawhouse likes this.
  7. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Great!
    Yes, it was nice of them. Not really the same thing though.

8. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    Can't wait to see you!!! Drive safe!

Strawhouse likes this.
  9. Jroo

Jroo New Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I call it strategic planning as Steph and my rally is the next one after PA.... :)

Strawhouse and DJS12354 like this.
  10. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Me too! Seems like your Schodack Not a Rally was months ago!

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Jeez! I hope everything is OK. But you'll still be there for full rally days and plenty of fun to be had.
    We wish everyone safe travels and can't wait to see you guys and gals again very soon.

12. DJS12354

Me too! Was told it is a benign tremor when I went 18 months ago to see what is going on, but it has gotten worse lately and spreading.

13. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Also, don't think for a second I wasn't having fun doing all that electrical work. [:P]

14. DJS12354

Just stopped for a some Shock Top (soda, if any rangers are lurking [:D])

BTW - Anybody planning to do some fishing? I'm planning on taking my fly rod along.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 2:20 PM
  15. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    Saw there were some storms near Scranton last night. Wilkes-Barre has some serious damage. How were things at the campground?

16. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Campground missed the storms thank goodness. We had some lightning, and a little rain, but nothing major. Today is very windy though, beautiful, but windy.

Jeff I fully support your 6 pack idea by the way. [LOL][LOL]

Safe travels everyone. Can't wait until you get here.

Jroo and stefie19 like this.
  17. DJS12354

Glad to see that you had a safe evening! How crowded is the cg? Any chance of getting on to the sites early?

18. VTRailroadguy

VTRailroadguy Active Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Northwestern Vermont
    I am planning to get the gang on the road by 1500 tomorrow, so as long as we don't have to stop a thousand times i'm thinking we'll arrive 2200ish. I will not be setting up (tearing out) my awning in the dark this year, even though I am sure the craft lady is around if I needed her.

Safe travels to all and see you soon!

Jroo likes this.
  19. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    Definitely glad to hear all is well at the campground. I just talked to Jeff and he is planning to leave right around noon so he should be pulling into the registration office by 3:30. Jake and I will be leaving shortly after 8pm and should get there around 11pm.

I am sooooooo ready for this weekend. I need this break badly! See you all soon!

20. Jroo

Jroo New Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Darn it, that was one of the reasons to come early since we missed that last year!