3rd annual raccoon DOG

Discussion in 'I Smell Something Cooking!' started by vagov, Nov 7, 2016.

1. vagov

vagov Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Who,s going to be there to judge your backing skills?

2. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Active Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Southwest PA
    He can judge my backing skills which may be interesting after the surgery. I am still debating my driving skills in a forward direction after that LOL.

I am working over near the Meadows so I have to negotiate 70 from Belle Vernon over to 519 with the Roo Friday morning. If I pile it up I can then go buy a big 5er to keep up with Rockyroo.

Have you been on that stretch lately? What a piece of work that road is. 4 construction zones and hundreds of fracking water trucks and gas industry pickups, semis, etc. All driving like idiots.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  3. shelmily

shelmily Active Member

Why do you think I get there before anyone else? Oh and you are dead on about the snoring. I am like a chainsaw! [LOL][LOL]

OG, it's funny you mention Promised Land. Last year at my rally in June, Davylee got there about 1:00pm, and they made him wait in the parking lot until 3:00pm. There was a guy in his spot the night before, but he had left very early in the morning. I even went down to the office and told them the site was open, but they still made him wait. they said he might come back, and he has that right. Who packs up camp completely and leaves, and expects to come back 2 hours before your reservation ends?

4. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Active Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Southwest PA
    They had more rangers behind that desk when we checked in at Promised land than Laurel Hill has on the entire staff. Making someone wait 2 hours like that is BS.

5. shelmily

shelmily Active Member

Well, I made it here and got set up before 5, and then proceeded to make what felt like 100 trips to the water spigot. I didn't realize there were no water hookups here. Good thing I brought a water jug with me. It's pretty quiet here, only 4 campers in the E loop. Safe travels everyone, I will see you when you get here.

6. vagov

vagov Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Glad you made it there, sorry forgot to mention to make sure you fill tanks. On your way in, there are spiqots off the side of the road. Scatgered, last year I filled my tank. Leveled out perfectly,set camp up. Some time later. My wife asked me where that water pouring out the bottom of camper was coming from then I realized I forgot to shut the low point valves, so yep. I know all about the spigot walk.

7. vagov

vagov Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Another great. DOG! A little cool in the morning, as the heater kicked on a time or two, but the wet stuff stayed well south, Over 60 in attendance, Glad. Mike and OG. Made it! Even found out that Tammy was a. Portal member as well, (sorry can't recall your user name. ) cant wait to do it again next year

8. shelmily

shelmily Active Member

I had a really good time! got to see some old friends, and met some new ones too. That's what these are all about. John I agree the weather was cool, but I can handle that over the rain we had the night before. It's a long ride for me, but I will be there next year too as long as I'm able. Thanks for all you do in putting it together John.

9. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Active Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Southwest PA
    Thanks John,

I had a really good time also and it was very well organized. If you have never been to one of these I highly recommend it. Hard to believe the cooking setups these guys have, and have to tear down and pack up at the end.

If you attend one take a good appetite, the food is phenomenal.

Peach dumplings.