4 mile state park 2019 rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by vagov, Jul 18, 2018.

date poll for 4 mile creek state park rally

Poll closed Sep 1, 2018.
  1. june 28-30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. july 4-7

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. july 12-14

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. BradnSuz07

BradnSuz07 New Member

Oct 7, 2018
    Oneida, NY
    Ok thank you, I was hoping for at least a small launch area within the park. It looks like in the picture the left side has a small landing/rock beach.
    Honestly the 4' drop off may be manageable depending on the hill.

Get in kids, sit down and hold on.................haha

Strawhouse likes this.
  2. daveo1289

daveo1289 Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Rochester NY
    I've camped at the park for many years. The access to the lake is at the west and east ends of the park with the west side being the easiest way. The park does not have a swimming or launching area. That didn't stop us or a whole lot of other people from going down to the lake to enjoy the water. You may be able to carry your canoe or kayak down on the west side of the park but on the east, it's a tricky climb down. I have never seen the park people come down and chase people out of the lake area either. In any case, be careful. The outflow from the Niagara River is strong around that area. Especially if you get away from the shore line about 100 ft. A lot of eddies and swirling currents. The Fort Niagara Park which is west of 4 Mile has a huge pool. It only reopened in the last couple of years. With your camping permit, you can get into the park for free but I'm not sure if there is a charge to use the pool. Hope this helps.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Not sure if its allowed or even always possible but a canoe had been launched from the creek a few times.. i also know that you can canoe the little Niagara river.. just Do Not head past either end into the lake..

4. BradnSuz07

BradnSuz07 New Member

Oct 7, 2018
    Oneida, NY
    Great info! Thank you

5. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    only a few sites left in the 200 section... time to book your site and join us !

Snow likes this.
  6. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Monongahela, PA
    Sounds like we have some newcomers this year! I'm looking forward seeing all my old friends and making some new ones!

We're all booked for the 12th through the 19th in site 281. For the first timers, we have three kids, a 9 (well 10 when the rally starts) year old daughter, a 6 year old son, and a five year old daughter. Needless to say they're excited to make some new friends!

7. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Pat glad you are joining us, will add you to the list!!!

8. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa

9. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    ok i was asked a question about purchasing a park pass recently, to clear up any confusion, (info i got from my resources,) i beleive that your reservation is your park pass, and this will get you into 4 mile creek state park, or any other NY state park during your length of stay, it is simply your window tag. i beleive this is all you need, nothing else to buy,.... for those more local to the area , please correct me if i am wrong thanks.

10. AAAcampers

AAAcampers New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Yes, you are correct.