5th annual Illinois Fall Rally - October 6-8

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by CamperMike, Apr 19, 2017.

1. CamperMike

CamperMike Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Rally Dates 10/6-10/8
    Location: Morraine View State Recreation area LeRoy, IL P, F and E loops

I will put more details up soon, but wanted to put it out that the Fall Rally will be at Morraine View State Recreation area near LeRoy, Il. We will have the rally in the P and F loops, and once those fill, E loop is also nearby! I have booked P18, and will probably be booking a rally site once I remember/determine the best one to rent.
    The dates were chosen as the Monday after is Columbus day and historically this has always been the weekend chosen when we put it up for a vote. Hope to see lots of you there!

2. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Central, IL
    We booked site F5. Friday through Monday.

3. Waterworks

Waterworks New Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Site P21 Thursday thru Sunday

4. CamperMike

CamperMike Member

Sep 27, 2012
    This will be very similar to last year's rally. Here are more details:

The rally will be held in Loops P and F(P13-P23,F1-F9). If the primary loop is full, E1-4 and E11-13 are also close to the loop along with P10-12.
    The rally site is F2.

Reservation Link:
    http://www.reserveamerica.com/campi...ndDetails.do?contractCode=IL&parkId=453761#sr
    Site Cost:
    $20 Per Night and a $5 Reservation Fee.

Here is the tentative schedule:
    Friday evening (starting around 5or 6PM) Meet and greet at the fire, rally site

Saturday
    Daytime: This is fairly open to whatever you want to do. I will be leading a short group hike if anyone wants around 10:30AM or so, and probably fishing mid-afternoon sometime.

Evening Activities:
    4:30PM Kids trick or treat (It's early in the month, but this has become a tradition)
    5:00PM Group Photo
    5:45PM Potluck at the Goose Island picnic shelter
    After the potluck: Socialize at the fire in rally site

5. CamperMike

CamperMike Member

Sep 27, 2012
    A couple other thoughts/questions since we had many generous contributions to the raffle :
    I am hoping to find a way to purchase firewood locally for the rally site. That way we won't have to worry about donations of firewood. If someone has ideas for a source/way to get it there let me know.
    I am also wanting to know how the group feels about using some of the rally funds for the children's activities. In the past a couple of great people have volunteered their time and some of their own money towards the crafts. I would like to consider offering some of the rally funds for this, if the group agrees. Please let me know what you think, either here or in PM.

Thanks!

exploreco and tiredrusty like this.
  6. tiredrusty

tiredrusty New Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Ken and Lori site F002 Friday Morning to Sunday Morning.

CamperMike likes this.
  7. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Central, IL
    When the Great Lakes Pop Up Club met last summer at Comlara Park, that is what they did. Bought it locally. I believe the person they bought it from actually came out and delivered it to the site. Now, they had some people there all week long, so someone was there to accept the delivery. I think they just got a truck bed full or something like that and might have still had some left over.

8. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    So wish we could join you, but we are going to a wedding that weekend : ( Maybe next one!

9. CamperMike

CamperMike Member

Sep 27, 2012
    I have just reserved site F1 as the rally site. Most sites in the P loop are already reserved now (I know by some others here that haven't posted in many cases). There are still sites left in the F loop, and no one has yet reserved in the E loop.

10. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

Jun 21, 2012
    We are signed up on site E1 for 4 nights Thursday to Monday.

CamperMike likes this.