5th annual Raccoon DOG 2019.

Discussion in 'Dutch Oven Cooking' started by vagov, Aug 1, 2018.

1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    plans are well in the works for the 5th annual Raccoon DOG (dutch oven gathering) at Raccoon Creek state Park , Saturday April 27 , 2019. just west of Pittsburgh, we will host a meet and greet friday evening in the state park campground, for those wanting to make a weekend or extended stay , at site E01. stop over for a hot complimentary meal after your weary travel , or just come meet freinds. campsites are being booked now, as they tend to go fast. dont hesitate if interested. DOG only registrations forms will be ready soon, let me know if you want to attend , and i will make sure i get you one....

2. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Conneaut, Ohio
    John, I'll need a couple of registration forms. We'll probably stay in a cabin again. Is the event at Ohiopyle in September like the one at Raccoon Creek? I read that it is a demonstration and not a gathering. Thanks.

3. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    sounds good BARRY, pm me your address and i,ll send you some raccoon registrations out in the mail, the Ohioplye event is not a full blown dog like raccoon, as far as prizes and raffles, but we do cook and hand out samples to the public plus have a private potluck afterwards , still alot of fun, we have several people staying the weekend in both campsites, and some yurts, and more than likely have a meet and greet dinner, plus cold beverages and a fire friday night as well. sept 21-22 weekend hope to see you at either or both. ...John.

4. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    reservations for the Raccoon Dutch Oven Gathering Is up and running! booking sites at the SP campground, free complementry friday night meet and greet dinner for those weary travelers at site E01 come out and meet your fellow dutch oven cooks in Western PA