86 Jayco model # confusion and question

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by kcormier19, Nov 21, 2017.

1. kcormier19

kcormier19 New Member

Sep 12, 2017
    massachusetts
    So I have a 1986 Jayco Jaydove that has the original canvas on it and would like to replace it next year. On both BearCreek and Canvas Replacement webpages it shows a Jaydove 6 ad Jaydove 8 model for that year but on the side of my pop up it says "10 Jaydove" Seeing as th number on mine came before the Jaydove name, i was wondering if my pop up fell within the dove 6 or 8 somehow or is it completely separate? It makes it hard to order new canvas if i cant find the right one for my pop up.
    Thanks in advance,
    Kyle

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    The best thing to do is to contact both Canvas Replacements and Bear Creek Canvas with all the info you have about your popup, including the VIN (that's helps them confirm details). Then you can get a price quote and find out what, if any options, they have.

3. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    With Bear Creek canvas, it may be that they don't have the pattern for your camper yet. If, after you contact them, they don't have it, they will ask you to send them the original canvas so they can use it as the template.

4. kcormier19

kcormier19 New Member

Sep 12, 2017
    massachusetts
    so I e-mailed both Bear Creek and Jayco customer service. I now know I have a 1986 Jayco Jaydove 8. the 10 references the length of the camper interior from front to back.