'98 Coleman Santa Fe Fresh Water Tank locations

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Snowman, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Snowman

Snowman Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Boulder, CO
    Hey Folks,
    I've seen photos of some mods where folks added doors to their dinette storage. The only deal with me is that my forward storage (next to the galley) has my 11 gallon fresh water tank right there. The mods that I've seen don't have the tank there (some have the hot water tank in the back of the compartment) so they have much more room for storage. Is there another place that these tanks are stored? Can I relocate mine somewhere to take advantage of that storage space more efficiently? Thanks for the help!

2. smit1088

smit1088 Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    [?:~{] Your fresh water tank is not mounted below the floor?

3. Snowman

Snowman Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Boulder, CO
    No,it is strapped inside the bench adjacent to the galley.

4. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    IIRC, the location of the tank depended on whether the camper had the optional water heater/external shower/water pump package.

5. Snowman

Snowman Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Boulder, CO
    Yeah, that's likely. With a water heater/tank in there, there isn't much room for a fresh water tank. However, that means that they must keep it somewhere (sounds like it's underfloor) so I'd like to investigate that so that I can gain that storage space.

6. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    It may be that the manual pump can't draw water up that high, so that's why it's inside the trailer. You may want to test it before moving the location.

7. smit1088

smit1088 Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I don't think the pump would have a problem. I had a 1997 Sea Pine that had an underfloor tank and I also have a 1997 Sun Valley with the underfloor. Here is a pic of the Sun Valley tank that I removed to sell.
    [​IMG]

8. Snowman

Snowman Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Boulder, CO
    Can you tell me how it was mounted under the trailer? Angle iron? Strapping? And where? Thanks!

9. smit1088

smit1088 Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    From my sketchy memory. It was mounted right in front of the axle and has a mounting bar that holds it up.