A different PUG attachment mechanism?

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by adrianpglover, Oct 28, 2015.

1. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    I'm trying to think of a way to make it easier to attach my SHW PUGs to my camper and at the same time clean up the mess of shock cords a little. I know some people (like @Ryanincc) have used steel rings to attach all five shock cords from one side together, but I'm thinking of getting rid of the black plastic clips altogether. Instead I'm thinking of using some lashing hooks attached to the underside of the bunk ends.

[​IMG]

This way I can attach them in the same manner as the bunk end shock cords are attached, keeping the look the same as the original manufacturer of the camper, while at the same time attaching my PUGs. This would also allow me to shorten up my shock cords some and remove the black plastic clips.

If I end up doing this, I'll be sure to post pictures of what I've done.

Comments are always welcome.

2. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

Jul 10, 2012
    Sounds like a good idea. Should speed up setup.

3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    That's where I attach the original PUG clips now, to the bunk end shock cords. Works out well for me. Most of the time I only attach the two sets at the end of the bunk since I have the other end of the PUG attached to the underside of the roof lid with Velcro (All Hail Velcro).