A liner table question

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Nan Z, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Nan Z

Nan Z New Member

Jul 4, 2018
    We have an A liner Expedition (and previously a Classic). We love it, except for the dinette table which is always wobbly. I’ve tried twisting it firmly into the base, I’ve tried pushing/pounding it down hard, etc. When I do get it Fairly firm it is hard to pull it out when we take down. This last time it was firmly in place, then I twisted the top to release it, and pulled the table top off the metal ring attached to the table, liberating the six screws. Grrr. I’m redrilling new holes, reattaching it. But how do you get the table to quit wiggling when you place the metal post into the ring on the floor?? Thanks. Happy Fourth of July.

2. StlAnnie

StlAnnie New Member

Jan 18, 2018
    Great question! I have the same problem on my 2018 Scout. I just gave up and use a folding table. Has anyone solved the problem?

3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Active Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Welcome from South Carolina.

I think you will have to accept the wobble. We have it. It has a short mount on the floor and the tube is tapered, so there is very little material to hold the table upright. Overall, the Aliner Scout design and execution is disappointing. I put up a 2018 Scout review, if interested.

4. Chloe

Chloe Active Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Massachusetts
    We have the same problem with our Ranger 12. My DH just found a kind of table mount with adjustable height, so it can be a table or go down into bed mode very easily, supposedly no wobble. I dunno! We didn’t buy it yet. I don’t have the link but can get it, if you like. Some people don’t like to use the table in bed mode cause it can warp (?) but we use ours for our little dogs and it’s not much of an issue.

5. StlAnnie

StlAnnie New Member

Jan 18, 2018
    Let us know if it works. I travel alone, so for me a Lifetime brand 30 inch folding table works fine. I keep the Aliner table stowed so I can use it and take the folding one outside if I need to. The leg fits over the floor mount for the table so the folding one doesn’t slide around while traveling. The folding table would probably work ok for 2, but not more.

6. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I use an adjustable height pedestal mount from Springfield Marine in my truck camper. It's kind of expensive for a table leg but we were using the table as a bed every night and in a tight camper, you don't want to be flinging table legs around. The original arrangement had 2 legs that fit very firmly into their sockets so the replacement isn't as sturdy as those just due to physics (might be more stable than a single leg setup though--and my table is probably longer than yours). Up and down is very easy. And it swivels!

If the table isn't very big, look at the Lagun table legs. They are very well-regarded.

7. JimPH

JimPH New Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Apple Valley, MN
    I have a 2016 classic and if it is the same(wobbles in this one also) I took my foam canoe carrier pad that has a slit on in, slid it to the back of the table, that stabilized the table, works great. I also store the table on this foam carrier pad, and it prevents it from bouncing around and scratching itself or the floor or what ever.

StlAnnie likes this.