AC Fan not engaging

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by CampinMO, Aug 14, 2017.

1. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    This is my first post so bear with me! My fiancé and I recently purchased a 95 Rockwood 1908. The AC will turn on and make a buzzing noise but blows no air. The compressor even kicks on occasionally, but still no air. I've seen some things that it may be the start/run capacitor?? or do we need a new unit altogether? any help is greatly appreciated!
    EDIT: Forgot to add that the unit is a Dometic Duotherm Brisk Air

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Sounds like the fan motor is locked up. Pull the cover and check for bees nests and try to spin the fan by hand.

3. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    I have already checked. Everything is clear and the fan spins freely when turned by hand.

4. TrailManorMan

TrailManorMan New Member

May 17, 2017
    NE Ohio
    Capacitors are cheap, 12-15 bucks, try one, bet it is money well spent.

5. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    thanks for the input everybody! old capacitor is corroded as well. Got a new one ordered and a buddy willing to install it for free beer (I've never gotten along with anything involving wires). hopefully this is an easy solution to the problem!

6. CampinMO

CampinMO New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    SE Missouri
    Just thought I would post my results! Installed new capacitor and pulled a mud dobbers nest out of the small fan inside the unit. Works like a charm and man does that thing put out some cold air! Really turned my $900 pup into a gem. Thanks for everyones input and suggestions!