Amish Country Campsites Dundee, OH

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by gameofender, Jul 11, 2016.

1. gameofender

gameofender Member

May 13, 2016
    Ohio
    Amish Country Campsites
    Dundee, OH
    Facebook: Facbook Page
    My Brother, Mother and myself stayed here for one night on Friday 07/08/16.
    From there website
    If you need time to slow down and smell the flowers this is the place for you.

A nice family operated campground. Friendly owners, well-maintained and clean restrooms and facilities. They have 50 RV. sites and 10 tent sites 20 & 30 amp. Their campground is easy to find. Follow US. 62 to Winesburg, Ohio. They are located 1\4 mi. north of Winesburg on the east side of the road.
    Quiet surroundings (can hear the clip-clop of Amish buggies going by). Fire ring, gray water dump, picnic table, electric and water at each site. Dump station on the way out. Free firewood from local woodworking establishments.
    All sites have at least some shade, most have moderate shade. A large sandbox and swings for the kids, but not much else in terms of playground. Gravel driveways and pads throughout. 15-20' of grass between adjacent pads. Some sites are back-to-back enabling pull through if no one is occupying the adjacent site, the sites are not secluded from one another. A small store with some RV necessities and hand-made amish items..
    In a 12 mi. radius from the campsite there is a lot to do. including Lehman's Hardware, Amish Door, Der Dutchman Restaurant, and many other things to enjoy in Amish country. A lot of back roads for scenic countryside drives.
    Only con was the size of the spots down low the upper spots had more space but was further away from the bathhouse for my mom.
    the spacing of the over all spot was may 15 feet wide and about 28 long. The site next to us was not in use but other campers used the empty spot for there parking. Once setup we had very little room after we parked our TV beside our camper, as there was no room to park in front of the pup.

We was stayed here this weekend to allow my Mom and brother to take our late fathers semi truck (1968 GMC Crackerbox) and participate in the TFC (Transport for Christ) 26th Annual Ohio Truck Show and Benefit Auction(Flyer: TFC Ohio Flyer). Our father passed in November and loved to take his truck to these type of shows he was a retired steel hauler. One of the reasons I purchased the pup was to travel this summer and allow him to have a place in AC, he suffered from cpod. Taking his truck to shows has become a labor of love for my brothers and I. It means a lot to my mom that we continue to honor him this way.
    Review by group member Daryl Miller​
    Picture of my late fathers truck with my older brother driving and mother in the Parade. Over 255 trucks participated.
    [​IMG]