Any thoughts on small Keystone/Springdale TT's?

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Lfamily, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Lfamily

Lfamily Active Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Siler City, NC
    We are researching tt's that meet our towing limits and have features we want. Does anyone have opinions on keystone/springdale models? We are limited to 21ft or less.

2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

We have a larger Keystone Cougar and very happy with it.

kcsa75 likes this.
  3. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    East Central MN
    I have a 25ft Springdale rear kitchen model. Built pretty well, haven't had any large surprises. Floor has less bounce than a lot of TT I was in while hunting. Bearings and brakes were easy to inspect and pack. It doesn't make all kinds of banging noises when towing like other TTs I see. Our dinette is bigger than most you see, especially my dad's MH. Nice styling inside as well. Outside, some of my larger mural stickers are falling off.

I bought it having issues with tank levels not reading - but not uncommon for a 2005 of any make. Doors, windows, and slide are all very easy to deal with, too. Fridge is gas/electric and works good. So far, so good. I read some keystone owners are PO'ed because of warranty stuff, but seemed like smoke and mirror problems to me... It is not a Fleetwood, it was not built with oak. It is not a winne, but it is a nice midlevel rig.

kcsa75 likes this.
  4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    We have a Cougar too. It's 2008 and while it was well cared-for, it also appears to be well-made. We've owned ours for about a year now and have been very pleased.

You may want to check out Keystone RV forums. http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/index.php?
    They're a pretty active group and may have some good information. [:)C]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I agree about them being well made. We looked at used units, of all brands, for over a year before deciding we definitely wanted a Keystone.

6. Lfamily

Lfamily Active Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Siler City, NC
    Thanks I'll check it out. I did download the final walkthrough checklist and it was really good information. Also am checking out rvtrader site to learn brands and features. So far it looks like 90% of rvs will be eliminated due to tow limitation and floorplans that don't meet our needs.