Any way to adapt a POL *hose* to QCC?

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by tfischer, Jul 10, 2019.

1. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I have a propane hose that has a POL (the older style, left-handed thread) connection on one end and a 1-pound propane style connector on the other. I use it along with a Y adapter to connect our gas grill to the tank while camping.

I would really like to adapt this to the "quick connect" QCC style (the huge ACME right-handed style that new grills, etc have). But I have fallen short on finding a single adapter to do this, and it seems like I shouldn't have to Frankenstein it.

Basically I want the opposite of this: https://www.amazon.com/GASLAND-Univ...r&qid=1562787790&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

The link above adapts a POL *tank* with a female fitting to a male QCC/ACME thread. I want one that adapts my POL HOSE with a male fitting to a female QCC thread. Thus it would screw on a tank with a QCC fitting, and onto my POL hose.

Anyone know where to find this? Any reason why these aren't readily available?

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Every propane tank 40 pounds or less if it takes an Acme nut it will also take POL

Snow likes this.
  3. tfischer

I know it will work on my tank as I use it already. I'd like the quick-connect, toolless functionality.

And although I know I can create something with multiple fittings (hence my "Frankenstein" comment, I'm very surprised that you can't buy this fitting out of the box. The opposite direction (like in the link in my OP) is all over, and the tanks that took those without the ACME threads have been outdated for years.

4. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

theseus likes this.
  5. dbhost

dbhost Active Member

What @SteveP said, of course take your pick on lengths... I have a 10ft left hand thread hose to male throw away cylinder thread that has a toolless connection, most of them these days do...

6. tfischer

Thanks all for the advice. My current hose is like 20' long and I was trying to not spend the $$$'s to replace something I already owned if I could buy a $9 adapter. But evidently they don't make said adapter lol.