April 2018 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vescoleman

Vescoleman Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Long Island, NY
    Made new added support brackets and bars for the queen bed.

Fixed my table problem with the table not being wide enough to fit in between the benches.

Installed a new sink faucet and covered up the hole from the old one.

Made a new v rod and mounting bracket for the outside stove.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    jnc likes this.
  2. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Purchased a "luggable loo" for the middle of of the night need for bathroom run! Also think it will come in handy when grands are camping with us.

Katskamper likes this.
  3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    WOW is all I have to say. I was reading that the easiest way to clean my awning was..... spray it with some cleaner and bleach and roll it back up and let it sit for a couple of hours. After rinse off it looked great. I didn't think it would work, but it did. Also flushed and started the water heater for the first time ..... started right up .... had a great day.

Vescoleman likes this.
  4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    New converter is in place, electrical connections checked, we’ll see if that fixes the issues.

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Already did all the mods I wanted to, now setting up my new fishing S.O.T. kayak and working on getting my boat, motor and trailer also solo canoe squared away. If the darn weather will get stable enough to go fishing I will be ready. Also have to get the rack put on my truck to haul canoe or Yak while towing my TT.

6. Dback2k4

Dback2k4 Active Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Iowa
    So far all I've done is watch it get snowed on.... bring on Spring!

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    WE thought spring would never come. Now a little funny story. We just but a gray and black camping mat on our deck. During the night my wife put the dog out and half asleep and with the lights on she thought it snowed on the deck.

8. Andi

Andi New Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Putting a new facelift on our NTU pop-up. I finished the bunk-end curtains today!! I am not a sewer... but I am becoming one!

Katskamper likes this.
  9. Vescoleman

Vescoleman Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Long Island, NY
    Sounds awesome, can you post a few pictures?

10. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Not much today. Installed a pushbutton electric lighter for the stove burners.

jnc likes this.
  11. drgiese

drgiese Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Northern California
    This weekend I successfully replaced my hand pump faucet with a 12v water pump and a regular bathroom faucet! Still a few loose ends to tie up (having trouble with the switch), but the main part is done. Yay!

I'm also recovering all the cushions - about halfway done. I have to cut one in half because I didn't like climbing over the bench to get to bed, so I cut it out and made it a step instead.

Made reservations for half of our long summer trip - 2 nights in the CA Redwoods, 1 night on the Oregon coast, 2 nights in a hotel for my son's college registration event, 2 nights at Mt. St. Helens, and a night at Great Wolf Lodge. We'll then stay with my sister and her family for a week, then camp back down the center of OR and CA home to Sacramento. Not sure where we'll camp on the way home - may just leave it to chance/FCFS, but I really want to see Silver Falls.

Still on the to do list... finish up the water pump project, finish cushion recover project, install floating vinyl floor, drill holes for new cabinet handles, reinstall cabinet doors, make new curtains, take PUP for new tires/bearing repack....

PointyCamper, JPBar and Natureangel like this.
  12. TeamECKO

TeamECKO Member

Aug 6, 2016
    WA State
    I am planning out my baffle and fan mod for the fridge (I posted my plans in the fridge section if anyone has any feedback or suggestions: http://www.popupportal.com/threads/fridge-baffle-project-planning.117250/ )

Just received my new set up popup gizmos with the Velcro added, so going to add the Velcro to the roof to make putting them on/taking them off easier.

Taking the mattresses out of the mattress cases and going to wash or dry clean them (not sure if they can be washed... no care label on them... anyone have any experience with washing the green style mattress cases in a Coleman camper?)

13. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    FINALLY got it uncovered and dewinterized. Gave it a good scrubbing, and polishing. Went over all the systems, and checked everything out. Had to replace a leaking kitchen faucet, but everything else is in good working condition. We are ready for another great camping season. Now if the weather would just cooperate!

jnc likes this.
  14. dockterj

dockterj New Member

Jul 10, 2014
    I want to do this as well. Any pictures or links to the igniters you used?

15. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Nov 25, 2015
    IMG_3040.JPG New curtains!
    Not much of a sew-er but seemed to come out ok. 2 smaller ones left to do.

Strawhouse, jnc and kitphantom like this.
  16. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Almost fully packed for the first long trip of the year. Doing the 4 night trip to Tucson helped to get the TT ready for the season, though. My clothing bags are already in the camper, my husband got his packed last evening. The new LL Bean XL boat and tote bags are working well, so far. All the frozen food is in, most of the refrigerated items are too, except for the last minute additions. Food boxes double-checked and trip specific foods added in.
    House/pet sitter is on tap, next door neighbor notified we're going. We don't leave until Wednesday, so we're doing well. High wind warnings for later today and tomorrow, but Wed. is OK, so far.

17. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Sounds familiar!
    Have a nice trip.
    We are headed out too for annual beach trip.
    Trying not to haul so much food as I am sure they have stores there.
    Will also try a NTU solar panel.
    Hope it doesnt snow like it did yesterday ;)

18. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Dewinterizing? I wish! I likely won’t get mine opened until Monday... this is what I faced today before I started shovelling a lane to my Aliner shelter:
    1A734413-FE2C-4E2D-9096-5EE9D667BB41.jpeg
    80% done. It was 3 ft deep at the deepest. Combination of hard-packed snow and ice covered by the 6" of snow and the freezing rain we got over the weekend. Now just have a 8' x 6' x 1.5’ block to remove. Hoping the rain will soften it up a bit. Will tackle rest tomorrow and pull trailer out. Likely won’t have a chance to open it until a Monday. Not much time to prep before my Thursday departure to Schodack Not A Rally. Mine won’t be all washed and polished like Mike’s. ;)

19. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We haven't had much snow, though moisture would be great - after 80 early last week, my husband left for work (on his bicycle) in snow last Thursday, but it was short-lived. Back to 80 today, and windy.
    Not taking our Zamp solar panel, we have 4 sites reserved over the week and a half, all with power. We seldom have power for an entire trip, but may appreciate both the a/c and the electric mattress pad at times on this one. Our old panels & controller are in a deep recess, so could be put to use in a pinch. (We carry them so we could charge the Goal Zero Yeti 150 battery if necessary.)
    We'll pick up some fresh food too. First SP is just outside Cottonwood, AZ, so we'll have access to last minute needs. We plan to restock in either Flagstaff or Page on our way to Utah for the second half of the trip. We know the grocery store in Utah can be slim pickings, especially if they're awaiting delivery trucks.

20. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    I used a weber kit number 7643 It has a separate pushbutton and a two burner control box. I used one of the burner electrode from the kit and a spare one I had laying around. I liked this pushbutton setup better than the all in one unit I used last time, easier to mount. IMG_0124.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.