April 2019 - So, what did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Apr 1, 2019.

1. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Quote: "What was Jayco thinking?"

Get it done fast and cheap!

WVhillbilly likes this.
  2. Kampus

Kampus Member

Not much yet, other than some shopping.

Picked up new vinyl plank flooring, a pop up shower tent, insulating tiles for under the bunks, new bedding and throw pillows.

We both have off this Friday, if the weather is decent we will de-winterize.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Put four new tires on, installed new hitch, got it pulled out of storage and brought it home. Restocked the perishables and freezables. Lubed up the stabilizers and jack. Reorgainzed the front bin. Installed the RV Level Pro (which is super nice).

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

took mine out for the first shakedown trip of the year, fishing at Brady run creek, figured out what I have , or still need to put back into the camper . windy day on Saturday, a medium size tree branch came down hard on the roof in the middle of the night, scared the be Jesus out of me sleeping, luckly no damage, then the battery alarm went off, seems like the battery will only charge to 50% so looks like I will be buying another. other than that great weekend in the books.

5. tcbrady

tcbrady Member

When setting up this last Friday I ended up breaking the rear passenger side spring tube off the master tube on the lift system. Along with that, the spring ended up getting damaged too. So that was fun.... [Guitar] Now I'm just hoping the parts come in before our next trip in two weeks - which it's starting to look like that won't happen with the holiday coming up... [V]

6. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Reglued the drain under the sink to avoid having to take it back to the dealer for warranty, moved the spare tire, and added the bike rack to the rear bumper.
    Bike Rack.jpg

Sjm9911 likes this.
  7. 8lugnutz

8lugnutz New Member

It snowed on Saturday and was pretty miserable here in Colorado Springs weather wise. I was going to attempt Vinyl flooring and paint that I got from the Re-Store in the Pup, but it was just flat out too cold. Sunday started out with about 3" of snow but in the afternoon it was 60+ degrees, so I took the time to tighten the rack for the Roof Top Tent in prep for this weekend's trip. We are going to pull the Pup too, kind of a test run for our Grand Canyon trip in June!

Bought some 2.0 Survival blankets at Wally world and a grommet kit from Harbor Freight, I am thinking that I might put some more grommets in it for attaching to the pup. AKA: popup wizbangs on a budget.

Located a GSI portable kitchen from a guy on OfferUp. Has two shallow sinks, plumbing, and is quite cool and compact. When packed up it fits perfect lengthwise in the truck bed (of which a full 1/3 is taken up by a CNG tank!), and is also a perfect fit in the pup over the collapsed dinner table space. So, we can use it when we take the pup, or when we just use the RTT out on National Forest land too! I was thinking about mounting it to the camper, but am indecisive about it at the moment.

While I was getting some bolts at Lowe's, I noticed some picture hanging do-dads that are very much like (but not exactly) the aluminum tracks for mounting the stove outside. More expensive than the real deal from Amazon, but at least I know I can find a Lowe's just about anywhere.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Shelves, glorious shelves[:D] 20190417_091251-2016x980.jpg 20190417_091234-980x2016.jpg 20190417_091251-2016x980.jpg 20190417_091234-980x2016.jpg

9. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Yea ...... it's uncovered. No winter damage ....... great. Going to change the galley this spring .... replacing 3 burner cooktop with flush mount 2 burner and the 2 tub plastic sink with a single stainless steel. Doing this should increase the counter space. Also collected a new bath sink, a cable operated black water valve and set up my Andersen Hitch.

Sjm9911 and eoleson1 like this.
  10. CatzWilson

CatzWilson New Member

Purchased an Electric Tongue Jack, King air mattress (as the memory foam doesn't sleep well for me), made hanging wire shelves for kitchen area, and will try out our new hand-held drill setup for lifting the topper. Got an electric blanket and headed up to Bull Shoals State Park in Arkanas after Easter weekend. The way the weather looks, we should invest in umbrellas and muck boots.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  11. WingmanHG

WingmanHG New Member

Be careful with the drill I did this with a

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-9-Amp-1-2-in-Keyed-Corded-Drill/50373414

Works awesome but it’ll keep cranking past the stops so I go 90% up and down then finish by hand to make sure I don’t hurt anything. I just use a string with a washer tied to the end clipped to the top to know when to switch over to the manual crank

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 8:10 PM
    Sjm9911 likes this.
  12. TinyCamperPro

TinyCamperPro Member

Finally mounted our tongue box kitchen and went camping! Unfortunately it poured and was very wet and discovered a few leaks in the canvas as well. Also got the second battery installed for using the heated blanket. Still definitely needs some tweaks and need to work on how water tight/big the box is... Pretty excited to start working out the bugs though.
    IMG_1528.JPG

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Oh , thanks for reminding me, ive been saying i need to mark the lift arms with a sharpie so i know when im getting close to fully open. Just in case! This way i can tell if its open, and if the cables are streatching.