August 2018 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Aug 1, 2018.

1. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    I think that is the exact tape that I bought this afternoon thanks to your tip. Looks like I will be busy on Thursday and Friday cutting and taping!

Any other pointers?

When you cut yours, did you do it freehand or did you measure and cut? How about leaving a gap or cutting a flap for airflow or a peek hole??

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Katskamper likes this.
  2. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Packerland
    I just came back from up there, bring yer woolies!! And you might want extra propane for the heater. :)

BikeNFish likes this.
  3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    I was originally trained as a draftsman, so I measured every square inch. Measure twice, cut once!

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. BikeNFish

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Looks great ... and precise!

Does it get pretty dark in the pup when they are fully deployed? (Dark is good for me!)

6. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Depends on the time of year and how much area is covered by reflectix. Also whether it's day or night. [:D]

7. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    It does look good.

8. BikeNFish

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    I was going to respond with some sort of smart-a$$ comment but I didn't want you to put me on double secret probation again.:lipsrsealed:

Sjm9911 and PopUpSteve like this.
  9. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I just received an adapter for my CPAP so I can clamp it to the battery[SUN]

Sjm9911 and emoney like this.
  10. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    I ordered my bed rail yesterday does that count as “doing something”? I mean, I was kinda tired after I made the call. Oh, and I had to spend $30 soooo there’s that

Katskamper, hayyward and Sjm9911 like this.
  11. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    It counts, I know when I order something it's like at least 5 minutes of resurch, oh and I never get the wrong part........

12. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

The new Camp Chef oven & Pizza Stone arrived toady[SUN]

Katskamper, emoney and Sjm9911 like this.
  13. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Campfire pizza!

jnc likes this.
  14. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    It counts, every little bit helps. Holding the phone will wear you slam out too.:)

15. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    If it’s any consolation, I did just hook the pup up and move it to the driveway. Today is National lawn mowing day....my wife says it’s a recognized holiday but I’m having a hard time believing the Great Lawn Guy is going to bring me presents after I’m done? We will see I spose...I mean I can trust her, right?

16. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Isn’t everyone mowing today?

17. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    In recognition of National Lawn Mowing Day, I am letting my lawn grow so it can more effectively be cut when I get home from camping!!
    IMG_0611.JPG

kcsa75, hq308, DJS12354 and 3 others like this.
  18. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Courtenay finished installing our new reading lights. Not quite a bright as the originals, but we can aim them so we're not blinded as we were by the many LEDs of the first ones.
    I put some new decals on the front window shield. We'd removed the original one and painted the shield with Krylon earlier this year. We can still see the shadow of the original from inside, and just how uneven our spray pattern was. I had a few extra stars, so put them on the door.
    I was able to remove the adhesive from one dealer decal I removed on our last trip. If it's not too hot tomorrow, I hope to remove the remainder of the large decals I began working on in April. We're planning to have the detailer come in the next couple of weeks, so want all the old adhesive, etc. gone before then.

Attached Files:

Sjm9911, emoney and jnc like this.
  19. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    I bought a set of the Lynx levelers and purchased a bottle of the Camco Mold/Mildew remover for use next weekend when I have to set it up for the bed slide replacement. Figured I’d clean it while it’s up for the Labor Day trip. I also spray painted the BAL stabilizers because they were getting surface rust. While I was out I checked out a Flagstaff 21FBRS, dark side unit. Wow, that sucker was nice. It’s tempting....

Sjm9911 likes this.
  20. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    "While I was out I checked out a Flagstaff 21FBRS, dark side unit. Wow, that sucker was nice. It’s tempting...."

Just Googled it - that is a sharp looking rig!

emoney likes this.