Awning help.

Discussion in 'Camp Driveway' started by Upstate Matt, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Upstate Matt

Upstate Matt New Member

Apr 20, 2018
    New York Capital District
    The awning on our '97 Rockwood Premier has me a bit puzzled. The arms that attach to the bottom have a nice spot that they fit into, but the top pair just have flat plastic caps on the end. There seems to be a spot for arms to attach, a small bracket with a slot, but the arms obviously do not fit.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Pick up your awning bag on each end and you will see where the balls plug into the sockets. Remove the black plastic caps and there should be balls that go into the sockets on the wall of the camper

3. Upstate Matt

Upstate Matt New Member

Apr 20, 2018
    No socket, just the bracket that I described. Maybe if I remove the caps there will be something that fits?
    BRB!

4. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Mine look like this there is a set on the roof under the awning bag and 2 on the wall of the camper. The legs with the black caps, remove the caps and there should be balls on the legs to go on the wall sockets. That is if it is a trim line awning you may have a different brand of awning but should work the same way just different leg attachments on camper. Good Luck.
    [​IMG]

5. Fless

Fless Active Member

My '02 Coleman Cheyenne had three cloth mesh loops underneath the awning, and the horizontal supports went through those and pressed against the roof side with rubber feet.
    _

6. Upstate Matt

Upstate Matt New Member

Apr 20, 2018
    This seems to be our set up. Thanks all.

7. world traveler

world traveler Member

Oct 23, 2015
    no loops or anything else on mine, just rubber feet against the top side of the trailer.

8. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Mine is the same. Tension spring poles with rubber feet and a plastic point on the other. Slide into sleeves on the sides and pressed into place on the roof. The legs have a plastic hoop on the top so the rafter point goes through the hoop and then into the hole on the awning cross bar.