BAL Leveler Poll

Discussion in 'Leveling Your Camper' started by PopUpSteve, Feb 15, 2010.

Do you own a BAL Leveler?

1. Yes

485 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. No but I plan to purchase one

165 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. No and I'm undecided about purchasing one

136 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. No and I do not plan to purchase one

49 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. I use something else to help level my camper

85 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. I made my own

1 vote(s)
    0.1%
  7. No, but I use to own a BAL Leveler

3 vote(s)
    0.3%
  1. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    Ordering pronto, like today.

Jeep Guy and soft 17 like this.
  2. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

Mar 7, 2018
    We used ours for the first time this past weekend and in just a few minutes, the camper was leveled. My wife an I both looked at each other and said, wow, that was easy.

Dan from Troup likes this.
  3. Dan from Troup

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    Just ordered on Amazon along with the pizza bag and graduated mini levels. Hurray, can't wait to try it out. BTW, does anyone leave there's under their wheel while stored or only when setting up. Wondered about rusting when exposed to elements? Maybe should level up with boards while stored in yard at house and only use Bal leveler when traveling.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  4. prop630

prop630 Member

May 19, 2017
    Aurora, IL
    Bought mine over the winter on sale and used it for the first time last week, amazing. I wish I'd gotten one sooner it sure made things go so much quicker and easier.

5. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Active Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Norwalk CT
    We got ours from CW on sale a couple years ago (I think we paid around $59 for it with the sale). There are definitely plusses and minuses to them. I do like mine though have to carry it in the TV since its a bit bulky, wish they could design a more compact unit. Need to get a bag for it because of the excess grease that tends to get on other things packed around it. Otherwise it does the job I need it to do without all the back and forth of trying to use the blocks we used to rely on.

6. Dan from Troup

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    Nice to use for when you store the unit when not used. I raised the low side on the level from side to side and put a 3/4" plywood shim under tire and removed Bal leveler. I ordered the pizza bag however with the bag cannot get thru the outside storage door. Without the bag can swing in one side first and goes right in. Probably can re-install in pizza bag once it's in the storage compartment.

7. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    [​IMG]

I tell my wife to hold the tire from Friday to Sunday. No need for BAL

jnc and prop630 like this.
  8. Dustin73

Dustin73 New Member

Aug 28, 2018
    Do you still have to use the jacks with the BAL leveler?

9. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

Mar 7, 2018
    By "jacks", do you mean the stabilizers? Yes, you always use the stabilizers. If the camper is not level side to side, you slide the BAL leveler under the wheel on the low side. There is a threaded rod on the BAL leveler. You turn the threaded rod with a wrench and it forces the leveler to open and it picks up the wheel of the camper. You turn the threaded rod until the camper is level side to side, then you put down the stabilizers. [​IMG]

10. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Mar 25, 2009
    New Hampshire
    If you use the stabilizers as jacks you risk twisting your frame. They are NOT meant to lift your camper in any way, they're simply for bracing it and keeping your camper from flipping when you get into the bunk end. Once your camper is level side to side using the Bal Leveler, Anderson Leveler, Lynx Leveling Blocks, wooden boards, etc and front to back using the tongue jack you then lower the stabilizers until they're firmly on the ground.

I still have the Bal Leveler however the post of mine you quoted is several years old and I haven't used it in a while. It's still a great devise and works well you wouldn't have any problem using one, but it needs to be kept well greased. I also have the Anderson Leveler which I find easier to use in most instances. It's also easier to store and doesn't need to be greased which can be messy. The Bal Leveler does offer a greater range as to how high it will lift to level the camper, I just usually start by trying to find the most level piece of ground to start with.

11. gatorbait

gatorbait Upstate, SC

Jan 7, 2006
    Spartanburg, SC
    How high will it jack up? I've parked on some uneven sites where I really had to stack the lynx. Once I used so many I ran out of lynx for the stabs and ended up wedging rocks under one. It was sad looking but worked.

12. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    The height it'll raise depends on the size of your tires--on smaller tires it won't go as high because you'll be using some of the screw travel to just get the tire holder thingies to the tire (although they can be modified).

I use it as a chock when parked at home (not necessarily engaged to level unless I'm planning on setting up). It's in the garage so weather ins't a concern. But I find a chock that won't go anywhere comforting. :)

13. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    I have 3 stacks of Lynx stackers, Lynx covers, and Lynx chocks. Bought em when Amazon reduced the prices on Lynx product like crazy low!

14. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We bought a 4th set of Lynx blocks last year, we needed caps but the package deal, incl chocks was too good to pass up. That means we’ Not scrimping to have 5 under the tongue jack, and anywhere from 1-5 under the stabs, all with caps. Plus whatever is needed under the low wheel. We use the BAL chock that tightens around the other tire.